These Hash Brown Egg Nests are the ultimate breakfast recipe to serve on any Spring morning. And they have now become one of the most appealing recipes from friends and family for Easter morning.
It all begins with shredded hash brown potatoes and cheese that are formed in a muffin tin to resemble a bird’s nest. Post that they are partially cooked, each nest is filled with a cracked egg and topped with crumbled bacon and cheese.
Once baked, the muffin cups become the ultimate breakfast that can be served as the main dish, or as part of a complete brunch. Hash Brown Egg Nests look like a pretty tempting recipe!
- One medium sweet potato washed and peeled
- 4 large eggs
- Heat the oven to 400°F and grease four cups in a regular-sized muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Take a coarse cheese grater, and grate the sweet potato into a medium-sized bowl.
- Place the four greased muffin tins with the sweet potatoes using your fingers, pressing the sweet potatoes up against the sides to make a “crust”.
- Cook the sweet potato crusts for 5-8 minutes, making sure not to burn the sweet potatoes.
- Detach the muffin tin from the oven and cautiously crack an egg in each mini-crust.
- Put back the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the egg whites are opaque (be careful not to overcook).
- Let the egg nests cool before removing them from the muffin tin.
Nutrition Information Per Serving :
- Calories- 294kcal
- Protein- 22.7g
- Total fat- 14.6g
- Carbs -15.8g
- Fiber- 2.5g
A cute small side for Easter Brunch. Hash brown egg nests are Pretty easy to make and so delectable. It looks exotic, but this one is super simple. Just grate a few sweet potatoes, cook them into “nests” inside a muffin tin, and crack an egg inside. They’re the best grab-and-go protein breakfast!
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!