Nowadays, women are going on crash diets and intensive workouts to flatten out all their curves and get to the size zero figure Right? But most people are clueless about the measurements that fit into the size zero category. In the west, celebs starve themselves to get to the size zero figure.
Whereas, back home in India, Kareena Kapoor started this trend with her film “Tashan.” Right now, there’s not a single woman who is not dreaming about that “elusive” figure. College-going girls barely eat and skip meals or survive on boiled vegetables with a roti or two a day to survive. So, what’s the meaning of the zero figure? If you too desire to achieve zero figures, here’s what you can do to get to that magical figure.
What is a zero-size figure?
A size zero figure typically refers to the body size of a woman.
Zero figure size chart-
- A bust size of 31 inches,
- a waist size of 23 inches,
- and a hip size of 32 inches
It takes the most effort to get this figure. It has a strict diet plan that requires 400 to 500 calories per day. Also, you need to do two to three hours of regular workouts, so that the fats which you are taking should be twice.
Now, getting this figure requires intense hard work and very strict diet control, severely restricting calorie intake and taking workouts to an extreme. Such an aggressive diet plan is very close to starvation but does not amount to actual starvation.
Example of an Indian Bollywood Actress who did an intense workout for this zero-size figure
In India, Bollywood hottie Kareena Kapoor sparked the craze for size zero after she reportedly lost eight kilos to acquire a bikini body for Tashan in 2007. But she did it under the expert supervision of Rujuta Diwekar, a renowned nutritionist and dietician. She had to skip the butter, cheese, paranthas, and pasta, and switched to stuff like soups, salads, yogurt, vitamins, and minerals. So, you need to consult a good dietician before following such a fad diet. Always consult your doctor before venturing on such extreme diets and workouts. If not, you could encounter health ailments including osteoporosis (where bones become weak), eating disorders such as bulimia and anorexia, and also emotional disturbance.
Is Zero Size Figure Healthy For you?
A big NO! Why, because you have to reduce your calories. And need to drop your body fat, your body will miss all the nutrients.
Side Effects of Zero Size-
- Eating disorder- Lots of young girls follow fitness models and want to be like them, So they start eating less and have fear in mind ” O NO IF EAT MORE FOOD THEN I WILL GAIN WEIGHT.” Soon their body will lose all the essential nutrients and this attitude and practice have given birth to disorders like Bulimia Nervosa and Anorexia Nervosa.
- Body fat deficiency- If you want to survive, your body needs at least 10-13% fat in women & around 2-5% in men. If you want size zero, then you have to cut down your macros. You know fat contains 9 calories, so you have to eliminate fat from your body. But our body needs some good fats to function properly. The fats your body gets from your food give your body essential fatty acids called linoleic and linolenic acids.
- Emotional Disturbance– If you are obsessed with size zero, then you may suffer from bulimia and anorexia nervosa disorder. If you are slim, and still you think that if you eat food, then you will gain weight, then you have anorexia disorder. Bulimia Nervosa is known as an eating disorder in which you will ingest a large amount of food in a short time period. Also, it’s an attempt to avoid gaining weight by purging.
These are the few side effects. So it’s better to avoid fad diets for a zero-size figure and eat healthily.
People who are obsessed to attain size zero usually do not see the signs of anorexia or bulimia since their desire to stay thin overrides any rational thought. If anyone you know is following extreme diets and unrealistic exercise methods, talk to them immediately and bring them under the professional scanner.
Doctors can provide the necessary counseling/treatment. If he/she is in the early stages, imparting sense to them can be managed. Though things have changed when it comes to body weight, slender figures are still considered the epitome of beauty in many parts of the world.
To live happily and contentedly, it is better to cut off such a toxic environment. While it is good to be fit, running behind size zero is definitely not good. Eat a well-balanced diet, do regular permissible physical activity, and love yourself and your body type. That’s the key to healthy living.
At least, even if getting a size zero figure is on your mind, achieve it in a healthy way and never starve yourself to bad health.
To all the girls that think you’re fat because you’re not a size zero, you’re the beautiful one, it’s society who’s ugly – Marilyn Monroe
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!