Chicken noodle soup is outstanding American comfort food. We eat it when we’re sick when it’s stormy outside, or just when we need a pick-me-up!
A super easy, super delicious soup that the whole family will love! It’s filled with tender chicken, fresh veggies, hearty pasta, and herbs and lemon for flavor. An excellent comforting soup for cold winter days or those dreadful sick days.
The considerable thing about this soup is that once you have diced your vegetables you just throw everything into the slow cooker and walk away. There is no need to fry the vegetables beforehand.
- eight cups water or 8 cups chicken broth
- one cup carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup celery, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- one garlic clove, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- (3 1/2 lb) roasting chickens
- 3 cups wide egg noodles, uncooked
- To a slow cooker, put in chicken (left whole), diced carrots, onion, celery, and garlic.
- Pour in olive oil, chicken broth, water, thyme, rosemary, celery seed, and bay leaves, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Shield and cook on low heat for 6 – 7 hours.
- Take out cooked chicken and allow it to rest for 10 minutes, then dice it into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, add egg noodles and parsley to the slow cooker.
- Increase the flame to high, cover, and cook 10 minutes longer (or until noodles are tender).
- Squeeze in lemon juice and toss in cooked, diced chicken.
- Serve warm with crackers or top with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Information Per Serving :
- Calories: 355kcal
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 12g
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup is total comfort food. Toss some ingredients into the cooker and let your house smell like heaven all day long!
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!