Spinach is a leafy green vegetable that is packed with nutrients and has a variety of health benefits. It is a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C, and K, as well as calcium, iron, and folate. Spinach is also high in antioxidants, which can help to protect the body from damage caused by free radicals.
One of the main health benefits of spinach is its high level of vitamin K, which is important for maintaining strong bones. Vitamin K is also necessary for proper blood clotting and wound healing. Spinach is also a good source of vitamin A, which is important for maintaining healthy skin, eyes, and immune systems.
In addition to its vitamin and mineral content, spinach is also a good source of fiber, which can help to promote regular bowel movements and may help to lower cholesterol levels. Spinach is low in calories and has a high water content, making it a great choice for those looking to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
There are many ways to incorporate spinach into your diet. It can be eaten raw in salads or cooked in dishes such as omelets, quiches, or soups. Spinach is also a great addition to smoothies, as its mild flavor pairs well with a variety of fruit flavors.
Overall, spinach is a nutritious and versatile vegetable that can be easily incorporated into a healthy diet. Its wide range of health benefits makes it a great choice for anyone looking to improve their overall health and well-being.
Here comes the most healthy and nutritious soup recipe-! In this spinach soup, the addition of milk makes it very lightly creamy. soup is zest with green chili and black pepper powder. So use it as per your liking spiciness.
As you know that spinach is a very nutritious leafy vegetable that one must include in their diet. You can cook dahi palak, aloo palak sabzi, palak paneer , palak raita etc. So many Indian dishes can be eaten using spinach.
This is the Indian version of palak soup, unlike the cream of spinach soup which has lots of butter and heavy cream. This soup is so light on the stomach that you can have it as a starter.
For boiling and grinding into a paste:
- 2 cups Spinach (Palak) packed
- ⅓ cup Red onion chopped
- ½ cup Tomato chopped
- 1 small green chili
- ¼ inch Ginger
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 ½ cups Water
- 2 cups Spinach (Palak) packed
For the palak soup recipe:
- 1 teaspoon Ghee (Clarified butter)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic paste or freshly grated
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- ¼ cup Milk
Cooking and making paste:
- Put onion, tomato, green chili, ginger, and garlic in a deep pan.
- Adjoin water, turn the stove on medium heat and let the water come to a boil.
- Once it starts to boil, allow it to cook for 10-12 minutes or till the onions get soft.
- Adjoin-washed spinach leaves. Allow the spinach to get wilt for about 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the stove and let the mixture cool down for 5-10 minutes.
- Post that makes the smooth puree into the blender.
Making spinach soup recipe:
- Warm the ghee in a pan on moderate heat. Once hot, adjoin grated garlic and saute for a minute or till the raw smell of garlic goes away.
- Then add pureed mixture. Add water if needed as per your liking.
- Mix in salt and pepper. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Finally, pour in the milk. Boil it and turn off the stove.
Nutrition Information Per Serving :
Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.5g | Protein: 2.7g | Fat: 3.1g | Fiber: 1.8g | Sugar: 3.7g
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!