Instant Pot Steak Fajitas are full of flavor and made incredibly easy thanks to the pressure cooker. These flavorful, tender instant pot fajitas are so incredibly easy to make and so delicious they are absolutely irresistible! Cooked till perfection in the Instant Pot so quickly, the meat turns out so delicious.
- 1 pound (450 grams) steak rump, top round or flank sliced into long strips
- 1 onion peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- ½ cup (125 ml) beef or vegetable stock or water
- salt to taste
- 3 bell peppers red, green and yellow – thickly sliced
- 4 tortilla bread
Add the meat to the pot, followed by the onion and bell peppers (add the bell peppers if you don’t mind soft veggies, otherwise add them after pressure cooking), the spices, and ½ cup of liquid (beef or vegetable stock or water, whatever is available).
Give everything a quick mix, secure the lid and set the vent to SEALING.
Select the PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL setting and set the cooking time for 10 minutes at high pressure.
The Instant Pot will take around 6-7 minutes to come to pressure and start cooking. When the cooking program ends, quickly release the steam.
Remove the lid, and add the bell peppers if you didn’t add them before pressing cooking then cover with the lid again, and let the peppers “steam” for a few minutes.
If you already cooked the bell peppers, then skip this step.
Then either drain the extra liquid (and retain some) or use a slotted spoon to take out the fajitas.
To serve, stuff warmed tortillas with the fajitas and garnish with chopped cilantro leaves and drizzle over with a little bit of the reserved sauce.
- The calculated nutrition info is a rough estimate for fajitas without tortillas.
- After receiving lots of feedback on the recipe, we found that many prefer to only add the bell peppers after pressure cooking to keep their structure as otherwise, they become too soft (our original recipe called for adding the bell peppers along with the meat).
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 69mg | Potassium: 563mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2815IU | Vitamin C: 116mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 2.6mg
Get started your with Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!