An uncomplicated flourless gravy that delivers that traditional gravy flavor. Paleo Gravy condensed with pureed cauliflower but you can’t taste it!
The secret ingredient in this gravy is cauliflower. The cauliflower attains the flour that is used in traditional roux-based turkey gravy and makes the gravy thick and creamy. And you can make this paleo gravy while the turkey is resting, just like you would with traditional gravy. Or make it prior and add the pan drippings when you reheat the gravy.
- 2 tablespoons turkey fat from ghee or pan drippings
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- pan drippings
- 1-2 cups chicken or turkey stock
- several sprigs of fresh thyme or other herbs
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat fat over medium heat in a saucepan. Adjoin onions and cook until onions start to brown. Stir in cauliflower and thyme sprigs.
- Calculate pan drippings and add enough stock to equal 2 cups of liquid. Adjoin pan drippings/stock mixture to pan with vegetables.
- Lower the heat until cauliflower is fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Remove herb stems.
- Carefully shift mixture to Vitamix. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Place back gravy to the pan to reheat. Adjoin more stock to thin to desired consistency, if needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Information Per Serving :
- Calories: 50kcal
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 3g
VARIATIONS ON GRAVY
This low-carb gravy recipe makes an absolute base for different gravy variations. Try it with these simple additions:
- Brown and crumble breakfast sausage for sausage gravy. Utilize the fat from cooking the sausage as the pan drippings and stir the cooked sausage into the gravy after you puree it
- Fuse thinly sliced mushrooms and stir them into the gravy after blending for a mushroom gravy
- add a splash of cognac for extra richness
This effortless paleo gravy is perfect over my favorite mashed potato swap for the holidays—roasted garlic cauliflower celery root mash. Eat this gravy over roast turkey and stuffing and you’ll never miss the flour!
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!