8 Best intermittent fasting recipes
The best intermittent fasting recipes include all the important food groups and also calorie restrictions. This is because these recipes will help in weight loss significantly. Also, there are too many things people can try in intermittent fasting like one meal a day.
Intermittent fasting is a fasting and eating method which when clubbed with a diet aids in weight loss and improved health.
So here you can find 8 best recipes for intermittent fasting that you can try with your weight loss goals.
Popular ways for intermittent fasting
1. The 16:8
Well, this is the most common method of doing intermittent fasting, it entitles you to eat 8 hour and keep fasting for 16 hour. This is the very basic and most popular method of doing intermittent fasting
2. The 14:10
Another method most people are opting this especially people who can\’t fast for a long, it\’s effective and easy too.
3. The 5:2
So in this method, you are allowed to eat a low calorie deit for 5 days in a week and 2 days fasting with very restricted diet.
8 best recipes for intermittent fasting
While choosing recipes in intermittent fasting it is important to take care of the calories requirement. If you choose any recipe make sure it should be low in calories, fat, good in protein and also fulfills your goal.
Cornflakes hempseed bowl
A very simple but kickass breakfast recipe you can add in your diet it\’s very good ,delicious and fulfills protein and fiber requirements. This contains seeds , milk cornflakes ,that makes it an idea kick start meal for the day.
Hempseeds – 10gm
Skim milk – 300ml
Apple – 1
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup yogurt
- 5 large eggs
- Tomatoes, cucumbers, scallion, olive oil, parsley, yogurt, and lemon juice for serving
- Salt and pepper
- First, preheat the oven to 200°F. Set a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven. Cook a waffle iron per directions.
- Into a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Within a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt and eggs. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Gently coat the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Now batch and drop ¼ to ½ cup batter into each section of the iron and cook until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Transport the waffles to the oven and keep warm. Reform with remaining batter.
- Subserve waffles with the savory tomato mix or a drizzle of warm nut butter and berries.
Per serving: 500 calories, 34 g protein, 22 g carbs (5 g fiber), 19 g fat
spicy avocado burger
Our favorite on this list! If you’re concerned about practicing intermittent fasting while on a ketogenic diet, this recipe can be made with skipping the bun; you don’t have to give up one for the other. Here’s an example of how you can reap both diets’ health benefits – in a single dish!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 burgers
- 2 red chilies
- Burger bun (optional)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- 2 sundried tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon method
- First, chop chilies in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, then divide into four balls. Even each into a thin patty and set aside.
- Split the avocados, scoop the flesh into a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Beat in the remaining chili, the sundried tomatoes, and the lemon juice with the mashed avocados.
- Place a tablespoon of the avocado mixture in the center of the two patties, then top each with the remaining patties. Push down the edges to seal the avocado in the middle of the burger.
- Warm a griddle pan to high heat, add the burgers and cook for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- And if you decide to use buns, simply put the cooked avocado patties between two buns (you can use only one if you want to reduce the number of calories). And to make yourself feel satiated for longer, consider using a full-grain bun option.
red beans curry and rice
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 stalk celery, including green leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- Two 15-ounce cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 20½ cups cooked rice
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet. Roast the onions, garlic, bell pepper, and celery in the oil over medium heat until the onions are translucent (roughly 7 minutes). Now add the salt, cumin, chili powder, and thyme. Mix to combine.
- Now add the beans and mix well. Decrease the heat to low and continue cooking for several minutes until the beans are hot. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- To this add the rice to the bean mixture and mix all the ingredients well. Now cook for about 5 minutes to heat the rice through before serving. Decorate with coriander leaves.
herbal tulsi tea
in evening or anytime when we feel lil low and bloating is there you can enjoy this simple tulsi tea to freshen up yourself
- tulsi leaves 10-12
- organic honey 1/2 tspn
- water – 500ml
boil tulsi leaves in 500ml of water for 10-15 minutes . add honey in it strain the mixture and enjoy throughout the day.
Poached eggs with whole wheat toast
this easy ,simple idea can enjoy anytime fiber rich and have enough protein also takes little time to make.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 1 toast
- 2 medium eggs
- 200 grams baby leaf spinach
- 1 slice of toast
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Bring a large pan of water to a gentle simmer.
- Swirl the water gently and then crack the eggs in; poach for 4 minutes or until the whites are just set.
- In the meantime, heat a deep frying pan, add a splash of water and throw in the spinach. Cook for 2 minutes until wilted.
- Remove the spinach and set it aside on a plate. Pan-fry the bacon until golden brown.
- Lay the spinach on the toast, season with salt and pepper.
- Top if all off with the poached eggs
- boneless chicken
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1/4 cup celery
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl so that everything is coated well with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes but you could do it the night before.