Having good nutrition can help you to boost your immune system. There are certain foods that can help if you\’re looking for ways to prevent colds, flu, and especially the new Coronavirus disease or COVID-19.
COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. The virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
People with low immunity and underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease and chronic respiratory diseases are more likely to develop serious illnesses. At this time, there are no specific vaccines and treatments for COVID-19.
On the whole, your immune system does a remarkable job of defending you against disease-causing microorganisms. But sometimes it fails and a germ invades successfully and makes you sick. So is it possible to intervene in this process and boost your immune system?
Well, it\’s possible by simply improving your diet and making some small lifestyle changes. Plan your meals to include healthy and powerful foods that can help boost your immune system effectively.
Also, if you\’re thinking that it is hard to stick to the Keto Diet because of this whole situation then you absolutely have nothing to worry about. We have curated a list of some Immunity-Boosting Foods and Supplements that are Keto-Friendly too!
- Takes care of your weight.
- Improves immunity.
- Rich source of antioxidants and prevents oxidative damage in the body.
- It controls the blood lipid profile and keeps heart diseases away.
- It controls blood sugar levels.
- Rich source of folate which is good for expecting mothers.
- Prevents harmful viral and bacterial activities.
- Rich in folic acid and Vitamin C which boosts the natural growth of the fetus.
- A good source of calcium thus helps in building bone mass.
- Enriched with essential phytonutrients which protect against various cancer such as colon cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, etc.
- Regulates insulin percentage and fights against diabetes.
- Aids in weight loss.
- Prevents cancer.
- Solves constipation problems.
- Good for headaches.
- Helpful in curing Insomnia and improving liver health.
- Avocado is a cure for cancer.
- Helps in losing weight.
- Gives protection against heart disease and blood pressure.
- Solves kidney and stone problems.
- Reduces stress from the eyes.
- Keeps your heart strong.
- Good for diabetic patients.
- Managing weight.
- Prevention of gout.
- Lowering cholesterol.
- Reducing cholesterol.
- Highly anti-inflammatory.
- Prevents chronic degenerative diseases.
- Act as an anti-toxic agent by regulating cell activities.
- Rich in Vit K which protects from brain diseases.
Vegetables With Healthy Fats
- The body utilizes fat as a source of energy.
- Supports cell growth.
- Protects your organs.
- Regulates body temperature.
- Brain matter is about 60% fat.
Also, make sure your diet is rich in the following nutrients too.
Protein plays a very important role in the immune system, especially for healing and recovery. Get this vitamin from foods like Paneer, Soy products, Seafood, Seeds, and Nuts.
Vitamin A helps regulate the immune system and protect against infections. Get this vitamin from foods like Cod liver oil, Carrots, Spinach, Broccoli, and Sweet Red pepper.
Vitamin C supports the immune system by stimulating the formation of antibodies. Get this vitamin from foods like Broccoli, Spinach, Red Bell Peppers, and Eggs.
Vitamin E works as an antioxidant and supports immune function. Include more sources of this healthy vitamin by Red Bell Pepper, Strawberries, and Tomato Juice.
It helps the immune system to work properly. Zinc can be found in Seafood, Coconut Milk, Seeds, and Nuts.
Include These Extras In Your Diet
It is said to treat a variety of medical conditions and is highly nutritious but has very few calories.
Ginger is among the healthiest and most delicious spices on the planet. It is loaded with nutrients and bioactive compounds that have powerful benefits for your body and brain.
Variety Is The Key To Proper Nutrition
Eating just one of these foods won’t be enough to help fight off the virus, even if you eat it constantly. Pay attention to serving sizes and recommended daily intake so that you don’t get too much of a single vitamin and too little of others.