Chia Seeds For Weight Loss is a simple and easy way where you can use minimal ingredients and lose weight. In Indian cuisine, we use chia seeds in a lot of dishes like falooda, kheer, and custards. The chia seeds look like black sesame and when you soak them in water they form into a pearl-like structure.
We use to add chia seeds to the diet for a long time, it is only recently that people realized the benefits of chia seeds and so now you call it a superfood. Chia seeds are basically a seed obtained from plants that belong to the mint family they have swelling properties on added to water and they become gel-like.
How do chia seeds help in weight loss?
These seeds are nutrient-rich and are abundant in both macro and micronutrients.
- Chia seeds are high in protein and hence reduce appetite helping in weight loss.
- The chia seeds are fiber-rich as well so when you eat them you feel full and the intake of food comes down aiding weight loss.
- The fiber present in chia seeds binds with cholesterol, decreases visceral fat and you can prevent the risk of heart diseases.
- Good fats like omega-3 fatty acids will increase good cholesterol in your body and be good for your heart.
- It has antioxidant properties which are good to keep you away from risks of inflammation which usually causes weight gain.
- These are low in carbs so the chances of gaining weight are null.
Chia seeds as a superfood:
The macronutrients that are abundantly present in chia seeds are protein, fat, and fiber. These seeds are low in carbs as well. Micronutrients such as calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium are present in good amounts and so chia seed is a superfood being a good source of all required nutrients.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step toward a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!