Eggs Benedict is a perfect brunch recipe combining English muffins with Canadian bacon, poached eggs and smothered with hollandaise sauce.
Giving the classic Eggs Benedict a healthy twist, here is an Eggs Benedict recipe that has the traditional Eggs Benedict sauce, called the hollandaise sauce but a low calorie one.
Here is the recipe for the traditional American Eggs Benedict –
Prep Time- 5 mins | Cook Time – 15 mins | Total Time – 20 mins | Servings – 4 |
Ingredients ( Eggs Benedict )-
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Whole wheat English muffins
- 4 Slices Canadian bacon
- 2 tsp vinegar
Ingredients ( Low calorie hollandaise sauce ) –
- 1/2 Cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Cook the bacon –
- Take a medium sized skillet and keep it on low medium heat.
- Add the Canadian bacon and heat it, turning occasionally until both the sides of the bacon are brown.
- Use a tong to remove the bacon and keep it on a paper towel to absorb the excess fat.
2. Make the hollandaise sauce –
- Take all the ingredients for the hollandaise sauce in a small sauce pan and whisk them together.
- Keep this saucepan on a low flame.
3. Poach the eggs –
- Take a large saucepan and fill 2/3 of it with water. Bring this water to a boil.
- Add the vinegar , boil it again and lower the heat to a bare simmer.
- Working one egg at a time, crack an egg in a small sized bowl. Thereafter, slip the egg into the barely simmering water.
- As you see this solidifying, slip in the second egg. Do the same for another 2 eggs.
- Turn the heat off and allow it to sit for 4 minutes after covering the pan.
- After 4 minutes, use a slotted spoon and gently lift the eggs.
- As the eggs are poaching in the water, Begin toasting the English muffins.
4. Assemble the Eggs Benedict –
- To begin assembling, take each English muffin half and slice it with once slice of Canadian bacon.
- Put the poached egg on top of the bacon and pour some hollandaise sauce over it.
- Sprinkle parsley over it and serve it.
Nutritional Information –
Calories – 313 kcal | Carbohydrates – 24g | Protein- 32g | Fat – 9g |
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!