A simple and uncomplicated quinoa salad recipe using locally sourced vegetables from the farmer’s market. It also can be tailored to whatever you have on hand! You can use leftover quinoa from your fridge. Or If you’ve got quinoa, or if you are looking for an excuse to make some, this Farmers Market Quinoa Salad is calling your name. This salad is bright and refreshing. An ultimate “salad” for anyone who doesn’t love lettuce
All you need to follow the four simple steps and your salad is ready!
- Half cup raw pistachios
- 8 ounces green beans and/or wax beans
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas
- Kosher salt
- Half cup coarsely chopped fresh tender herbs (such as parsley, chives, basil, tarragon, and dill)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small heads of broccoli, florets chopped
- 2 cups pea shoots (tendrils)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grill pistachios on a rimmed baking sheet, until golden brown and toss once in between so total time of 8–10 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- In the meantime, prepare green beans and sugar snap peas in a pot of salted boiling water until no longer raw but still very crunchy, about 2 minutes. Shift to a bowl of ice water using a slotted spoon and let sit until cold, about 3 minutes. Remove out water, pat dry, and thinly slice into bite-size pieces.
- Fuse oil, vinegar, herbs, mustard, and 2 tablespoons toasted pistachios in a blender, adding water by the tablespoonful if the dressing is too thick, until smooth and the consistency of heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Hurl peas, beans, broccoli,, quinoa, pea shoots, and the rest of the toasted pistachios in a medium bowl to combine.
- Mizzle Farmers Market Quinoa salad with dressing and toss again to nicely coat everything; season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Information Per Serving :
- Calories: 316kcal
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 14g
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!