Looking for a classic gluten-free bake? A gluten-free lemon drizzle cake recipe is right up there when it comes to absolutely classic bakes. This gluten-free lemon drizzle cake is intensely moist, lemony, and has a fine crumb. It’s a delicious everyday dessert that’s simple to make and delicious to eat. However, given how delicious it is, it would be appropriate for any and all occasions.
Gluten-Free Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe
- 175 g caster sugar
- 175 g unsalted butter, (softened)
- 125 g self-raising gluten-free flour
- 50 g ground almonds
- 3 large eggs
- lemon zest of 3 (reserve juice for syrup and icing)
- 1 tbsp almond milk
For the syrup:
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 100 g granulated sugar
For the icing (optional):
- 150 g icing sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180’C/Gas 4 and grease and line a 2lb loaf tin. Set aside while you make the cake batter.
- Add the sugar, butter, and lemon zest to a broad mixing bowl and beat with an electric whisk until pale and creamy.
- Next, include the eggs and beat again for 30 seconds.
- Add the flour, milk, and ground almonds mix again until combined. It should form a thick batter. Pour into the cake tin, smooth the top, and bake in the center of the oven for approx 50 minutes to one hour. It’s done when a skewer comes out of the center clean.
- Line the cake on a cooling rack while you make the syrup. Add the lemon juice and granulated sugar to a saucepan and heat on low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Use a toothpick to stab holes all over the cake and, while it is still warm, gently spoon the syrup over the cake. Do this step slowly to ensure the cake has an even distribution of syrup and that it all absorbs.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in the tin (approx 1 hour). Once chilled, if icing, make the icing by beating the icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over the cake and leave to set. Decorate with extra lemon zest if desired.
Keep them for 4-5 days in an airtight container.
Nutrition Info Per Serving:
- Calories: 424
- Total carbs: 46 g
- Sugars: 33 g
- Total fat: 25 g
- Saturated fat: 13 g
- Protein- 4.7g
This gluten-free lemon drizzle cake is so delicious! Must-try and share your reviews with us.