Stroganoff, often prepared in the United States today in restaurants and hotels, consists of strips of beef filet with a mushroom, onion, and sour cream sauce, and is served over rice or noodles. And Spaghetti squash is a fantastic healthy alternative to pasta. This combo of Turkey Stroganoff with spaghetti squash is an amazing choice.
Well, roasted spaghetti squash may not taste just like pasta, it is a wonderful, blank slate for delicious sauces just like pasta but with fewer calories. One can replace the egg noodles with spaghetti squash in this turkey stroganoff recipe.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 400g lean ground turkey
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or beef stock
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme or dried thyme
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- Dice squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- At the same time, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, mushrooms, and onion over medium heat until the turkey is no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine.
- Couple cornstarch and stock until smooth. Add to the pan. Pour in the Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning, and thyme. Boil it; cook and stir until thickened, 2 minutes. Reduce heat. Stir in cream; heat through.
- When the squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate the strands. Serve with turkey mixture. If desired, drizzle with cheese and parsley.
- Protein-17 g
- Fat-9 g
- Carbohydrates-25 g
An amazing classic recipe to snack on. It’s ideal for weeknight cooking and light meals.