Acidity is extremely normal and exceptionally horrendous. It is developed when our stomach acid backs up into our throats. It can cause you to feel as if somebody has lit a little fire in your chest, and
it’s getting its way to your neck. This article will walk you through the causes of acidity and common natural home remedies to combat acidity.
You’re most likely aware that medicines can help with heartburn, yet natural remedies cures and life changes might be the right approach to alleviate the problem.
Reasons for Acidity
Acidity is caused because of excessive production of acids in the stomach by the gastric organs.
Components that cause acidity include:
1. Unhealthy dietary patterns
One of the major reasons for acidity is unhealthy eating habits. Some of them are:
- Skipping meals or eating at odd hours
- Eating before bedtime
- Eating in a hurry
- Consumption of spicy food
- High intake of table salt
- Diet low in dietary fiber
2. Excessive consumption of certain foods
- Beverages, for example, tea, espresso, carbonated beverages, soda pops
- Sour foods
- Fat-rich food, for example, pizza, doughnuts, and processed food
3. Side-effects of certain temporary medications as well as existing medications.
It incorporates drugs, for example,
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Drugs for hypertension
- Stress and anxiety medicines
4. Other causes include
- Use of non-veg food
- Excessive stress
- Lack of sleep
- Frequent smoking
- Lack of physical exercise
- Frequent consumption of alcohol
- Stomach issues, for example, gastroesophageal reflux disease, tumors, peptic ulcers
Individuals who experience the side effects of diseases, for example, asthma, diabetes, and connective tissue issue are increasingly susceptible to acidity. It is additionally a common issue in individuals who are overweight, pregnant ladies, or ladies who are approaching menopause.
Home Remedies for Acidity
Acidity is a common issue that the vast majority of us face at some point in our life. A large number of
us prefer home remedies for acidity over medicines. Some of the common home remedies include:
• Coconut water
This delicious treat is known to soothe your stomach and the digestive system. Take two glasses every day for relief.
• Watermelon juice:
It is incredible to counter acidity. You can take a glass of watermelon juice with breakfast.
Squeezed fresh lime took an hour prior to lunch assists with decreasing the uneasiness brought about by acidity.
A glass of buttermilk after dinner lessens the anxiety as buttermilk contains lactic acid that normalizes the acidity in the stomach.
You can either crunch a couple of basil leaves, or boil them in water and drink it every now and again to decrease acidity. You can likewise do this with mint leaves.
• Fruits and Veggies
Include banana, cucumber, and yogurt in your eating pattern. They are known to give moment alleviation from acidity.
Ginger helps with indigestion. Use ginger in your cooking or boil it in a glass of water, decrease it to half a glass, and dilute the water.
Cumin is an incredible solution for acidity. Munch on some cumin or boil up a teaspoon of cumin in a glass of water. Drink it on an empty stomach.
Try biting gum! As mind-blowing as it might sound, biting gum produces saliva that assists with moving the food through the throat.
•Apple Cider Vinegar
Take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water each morning on an empty stomach.
Drink at least two liters of water each day and keep yourself hydrated.
The primary cause of acidity is your way of life, and thus, the most appropriate cure is to make tweaks to your pattern of life.
Lifestyle Changes that may help include:
- Losing weight if you are overweight or fat
- Consumption of healthy food
- Space your meals by 2-3 hours
- Having small and frequent meals
- Following a low-carb diet to reduce weight
- Avoiding caffeine and carbonated beverages
- Avoid sleeping on the right side
- Cut down on smoking and liquor
- Keeping your mind and body healthy
- Starting stress-relieving exercises
- Try to dodge meds that cause acidity
Acidity or acid reflux is a very common condition affecting many individuals. This condition is characterized by heartburn felt around the lower chest area, which is caused by the stomach acid flowing back up into the food pipe. Very few people realize the unhealthy eating habits and poor lifestyle choices that cause this condition. Incorporating these above-mentioned natural remedies for acidity, along with lifestyle changes works the best to subside it.