Mango chutney chicken curry is super quick to make with only 5 minutes of prep and perfect for a fuss-free midweek Indian-inspired dinner.
Just 7 ingredients are needed, and the result is this tasty, creamy, fruity chicken curry recipe the whole family will love! Serve with rice or couscous for a filling and tasty meal.
Here is the quick recipe for Mango Chutney Chicken Curry:
- 4 Chicken Breasts boneless and skinless, diced into bitesize pieces.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder mild
- 150 g Mango Chutney
- 150 g Crème Fraiche
- 1 tbsp Coriander chopped
Heat the oil in a shallow casserole or frying pan and brown the chicken pieces on high heat, stirring continuously.
Turn down the heat to medium and add the garlic and ginger. Stir for a couple of minutes.
Add the curry powder, mango chutney, and crème Fraiche and mix everything together to combine.
Simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce is thick and the chicken pieces are cooked through.
Season with salt and pepper and serve with chopped coriander, rice, and naan bread.
- Make it vegetarian by using Quorn pieces instead of chicken.
- Up the spice by adding 1 chopped red chili at the same time as the garlic and ginger.
- You could also use a hot curry powder instead of a mild one.
- Add a handful of frozen peas to the curry 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Sliced peppers or mushrooms would also make a tasty addition.
Freezing: The fruity chicken curry can be frozen for up to 3 months in a freezer-safe container.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavored to be as accurate as possible.