Tzatziki is prepared with yogurt, drained cucumber, olive oil, fresh herbs (usually mint or dill), garlic, lemon juice, and salt. It’s a refreshing chilled sauce, dip, or spread.
Master how to make tzatziki, a traditional Greek yogurt and cucumber sauce with fresh herbs!
- 2 cups grated cucumber
- 1 ½ cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint and/or dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic, pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- First of all, lightly squeeze the grated cucumber between your palms over the sink to remove excess moisture.
- Shift the squeezed cucumber to a serving bowl, and repeat with the remaining cucumber.
- Adjoin the yogurt, olive oil, herbs, lemon juice, garlic, and salt to the bowl, and stir to blend.
- Permit the mixture to rest for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Taste and add additional chopped fresh herbs, lemon juice, and/or salt, if necessary.
- Serve tzatziki immediately or chill for later. The remaining tzatziki keeps well chilled, for about 4 days.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories- 71
- Fats- 5g
- Fiber- 0.2g
- Protein- 4.1g
Serving Tzatziki with several dishes
It’s just Perfection! You can serve it as a spread on a greek style wrap with seasoned grilled turkey patties, chilled chopped lettuce, red onion, and feta cheese. Also, Tzatziki sauce goes great with all kinds of meat – chicken, beef, pork, and lamb. It’s especially good with grilled meat! Else, Fold in some crumbled feta and serve it instead of blue cheese dressing with your buffalo wings. Whisk it into cooked rice for an exciting side dish, or into mashed potatoes instead of sour cream.
Merge in some olive oil and an extra splash of lemon juice or red wine vinegar for a creamy salad dressing that is so much more interesting than your usual ranch. Adjoin some vegetable stock and extra cucumber for a chilled soup that will cool you off on a hot summer day or use it as a lighter substitute for sour cream on your next baked potato.
This firm tzatziki recipe will liven up any summer meal! Loaded, creamy & full of fresh herbs, it’s delicious on pita, grilled veggies, sandwiches, and more!
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!