Italian food is one that is close to all of our hearts. Pasta is one of the most popularly consumed Italian foods. It is extremely delicious and available in different varieties, making it a delight to consume. This chicken & spinach skillet pasta with lemon and parmesan is a combination of delicious lean meat and nutritious spinach. Its lemony and garlicky components compliment each other creating a delicious meal, especially when topped with a parmesan sprinkle.
So here’s an easy to cook recipe for the delicious pasta!
Ingredients (4 Servings)
- Penne pasta (220g, gluten-free or whole-wheat penne)
- Extra-virgin olive oil (2 tbsp)
- Boneless and skinless chicken breast/thigh (450g, cut into small pieces)
- Salt (½ tsp)
- Ground pepper (¼ tsp)
- Minced garlic cloves (4)
- Dry white wine (½ cup)
- Lemon juice (1 lemon)
- Chopped fresh spinach (10 cups)
- grated Parmesan cheese (4 tbsp)
- Boil the pasta (for the amount of time as instructed on the package) with some salt in a pot of water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet (high-sided) heat the olive oil on a medium to high flame. Once heated, add in the chicken with salt and pepper and let it cook well for about 5-7 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add in garlic and stir. Let it cook for about 1 minute until fragrant. Now add in the wine and the lemon juice and stir well.
- Remove the skillet off the flame and add in the spinach and the cooked pasta. Put on the lid and let the skillet stand until the spinach has wilted.
- Garnish with the parmesan cheese and serve hot!
Serving: 1 | Calories: 335 Kcal | Protein: 28.7g | Carbohydrates: 24.9g | Dietary fiber: 2g | Sugars: 1.1g | Fat: 12.3g | Saturated fat: 2.7g | Cholesterol: 66.9mg | Vitamin A: 7100IU | Vitamin C: 30.8mg | Folate: 154.8mcg | Calcium: 143.6mg | Iron: 3.3mg | Magnesium: 107.9mg | Potassium: 684.5mg | Sodium: 499.2mg | Thiamin: 0.2mg
Here’s Why You Should Give This Chicken & Spinach Skillet Pasta With Lemon And Parmesan A Try!
This scrumptious pasta is extremely easy to cook. It is a simple and delicious dish that the entire family can enjoy to the fullest. Also, great news for individuals who are diabetic- You can still enjoy this amazing pasta. Just be sure to check your portions! It is also important that you opt for whole wheat or gluten free pasta as when compared to white pasta, it reduces any resulting blood sugar spike.
So go ahead and try this chicken & spinach skillet pasta with lemon and parmesan. It is rich in fibers, minerals and vitamins and most importantly, extremely delicious!
For more such unique and delicious recipes, stay tuned with us. Follow us on Instagram and subscribe to our Youtube Channel!