This Keto Paneer Pizza has a crispy thin crust, which is low in carbohydrates and is topped with protein-rich foods. Nowadays Keto and Pizza can go hand in hand, but it’s usually a timely process and takes some preparation. Now, you can prepare your pizza and eat it too – in under 5 minutes!
So the fathead crust of this Keto Paneer Pizza clocks in at 14 gms of carbs per pizza, which is 8 gm of net carbs. And trust us, if your appetite is anything like ours, you’ll struggle to eat more than half a pizza in one sitting.
From all the crusts we’ve tried, this would be the one that comes closest to a real pizza. Its main components are almond flour and cheese. Both of which give it the same structure and bite. It really is like a crisp and thin-crust pizza.
Be aware of when you bake your pizza in the oven. If you don’t have one, you can always transfer your pizza crust to a small cookie sheet to broil it on! Our preference is to let the pizza fully cool afterward, otherwise, you have a semi-soft crust that will bend when you pick it up.
Flavour-wise, this is very similar to the old microwavable pizza. The crust is not hard, but more bready and puffy. That being said, it definitely holds up to grabbing a slice and eating it.
Also, The psyllium, bacon fat, and Italian seasoning really combat the eggy taste, and you don’t taste a hint of it at the end.
Tips For The Perfect Fathead Crust For Keto Paneer Pizza
A couple of things to keep in mind when making this.
- Always let the cheese chill a bit before you add the egg to it, lest you end up with a scrambled egg in the process.
- Two, always eat once it’s ready – it keeps well but it’s definitely best eaten immediately.
- And three, if you are a ‘pure vegetarian’, you can prepare this without the egg.
- Finally, the thinner you fold it out, the ‘crisper’ you can get it. It’s also ideal to use parchment paper on both sides if you’re using a rolling pin. Otherwise, Press out the dough with your hands into the desired shape.
Ingredients For Pizza Crust
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt to Taste
- 2 tsp Frying Oil
- 1.5 oz Mozzarella Cheese
- 75 gms Paneer
- 3 tbsp Rao’s Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Basil
Instructions To Make Keto Paneer Pizza
Add the cream cheese and shredded mozzarella to a bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
Combine all, and add in the seasoning, salt, and almond flour.
Combine everything well together and microwave again for 30 seconds.
Allow it to cool very slightly, then add in the egg.
Combine well and set aside for 5 minutes.Spin out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Or wet your hands to press the dough out into a circle.
Move it to the baking tray and bake at 200C for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven once baked and flip the base over.
Top with sauce and paneer, cheese favorite toppings, and return to the oven on the broiler setting till the cheese melts.
Slice and serve.
- Eat it hot! It tastes perfect when it\’s just out of the oven.
- Before adding the egg, ensure that the cheese is cool enough to touch. Too hot and you\’ll end up with blended eggs.
- The thinner you spin it out, the crisper the crust will be.
- If you don’t eat an egg you can just skip it in the dough.
- Calories: 705 Kcal
- Net Carbs: 8g
- Carbs: 14g
- Fat: 57g
- Protein: 38g
- Fiber: 5g