By now, you’ve probably checked out your favorite pasta dishes that are unfit for your keto regime Mostly pasta is made from wheat or white flour, which is incredibly high in carbohydrates. In this article, we\’ll know about Carbs in Egg Noodles and how to add them to your Keto Menu.
And while zucchini noodles might be a suitable alternative for some, you’re looking for something closer to the “real thing.” And that’s what got you thinking: Are egg noodles keto-friendly? Are, they low in carbs?
As you’re about to learn, egg noodles are not that distinct from wheat-based noodles. Below, you’ll learn more about egg noodles, their nutritional information, and whether they are low carb and keto-friendly or not.
What are egg noodles?
Noodles are a staple in many types of dishes and absorb flavors from many dishes Egg. Egg noodles are made of crispy dough that is cooked in boiling water. Generally, egg noodles are made with eggs, rice flour, or wheat.
Unleavened means there were no artificial ingredients or chemicals added to change the texture of the dough. The dough is spread out flat and cut into different sizes and shapes to form the various noodles you see today.
Sometimes tapioca or arrowroot starches are added to enhance the texture and uniformity of the strands. In most cases, the egg noodle dough is made and allowed to dry for a period of time, before actually using them to prepare a specific dish.
One pack of egg noodles shows one cup serving nutritional values-
- Calories- 220
- Fats – 4g
- Carbs- 38g
- Fiber- 1g
- Protein – 8g
Carbs in Egg Noodles
As a noodle generally made from wheat flour so most of the calories in egg noodles come from carbohydrates. A 1-cup serving contains carbs about 38grams and 1 gram of fiber.
Egg noodles aren’t a good source of beneficial vitamins, such as vitamin D, vitamin A, or B vitamins, and vitamin C.
Are egg noodles keto-friendly?
Noodles are not at all keto-friendly, they can hinder your overall health.
Egg noodles contain a high amount of carbohydrates. The keto diet restricts the intake of carbs to maintain ketosis.
If your part in the hidden carbs you likely experience the whole day, egg noodles carbs can quickly push you over the limit. Not to mention, the ingredients found in egg noodles aren’t exactly the most nutritious thing in the world.
You can have keto egg noodles by superseding the wheat with keto-friendly low carb flours. Don’t feel bad, if you can’t eat regular egg noodles on keto. We have low carb alternatives for you!
Homemade Keto Egg Noodles Recipe-
Keto egg noodles are a great substitute for pasta. These noodles will be ready in just 10 minutes and contain less than 2 carbs per serving, and the perfect way to soak up all your favorite keto pasta sauces!
With the main ingredient, Eggs, this pasta would not be feasible to make. Eggs add a fine touch to our pasta and are the best you can choose.
- 60g (1/4 cup) Cream Cheese
- 30g (2 Tbsp) Butter
- 24g (4Tbsp) Almond Flour
- 3 Eggs (40g)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- Preheat oven to 150 C or 300F
- Depending on what type would you choose, prepare all of the ingredients.
- Add all of the ingredients to the kitchen mixer and mix fully into a smooth consistency.
- Spot your baking tray and cover it with a silicone baking sheet.
- Pour the whole mixture onto a baking tray.
- Using your knife, gently spread the mixture evenly, making sure it is spread as thin as you can.
- Keep it in the oven and bake for 5-8 minutes.
- Once the pasta sheet is baked, let it cool and gently roll into a log. Chop the pieces with a sharp knife into a pasta size you prefer.
- Place into a blow ready to serve.
Nutritional Info Per serving :
- Calories- 180
- Fats- 17g
- Carbs- 1g
- Protein- 6g
Keto Noodle Recipes for Your low carb and keto diet-
While egg noodles are probably out of the game on a keto meal plan, there are still plenty of low-carb alternatives you can enjoy instead. To amuse your noodles cravings, try these simple keto recipes:
1.Cheesy Garlic Alfredo Sauce Pasta– Enjoy a bowl of low carb “pasta” with this thick and luscious keto alfredo sauce that quickly comes together in less than ten minutes.
- 1 large chopped cauliflower head
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- One 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Chop cauliflower into pieces and steam for 5-6 minutes until fork tender.
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender. Mix on high until very smooth. Re-adjust seasoning to taste.
Nutrition Info Per Serving :
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 139
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 8g
2. Broccoli Chicken Casserole with Egg Noodles- Broccoli Chicken Casserole with Egg Noodles is a comforting, delicious dinner. You can make this dish within just 30minutes. All in all, it’s a great weeknight dinner.
- 500 keto-friendly egg noodles
- 1 lb of broccoli florets
- 2 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or 2 cups of chicken flavored white sauce
- ¼ cup sour cream
- half cup milk or noodle water
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large container, cook the egg noodles.
- Cook Broccoli
- Drain the water out of the noodles.
- Add the chicken, milk or water, sour cream, condensed soup, broccoli, lemon juice, condensed soup, milk or water, sour cream, lemon juice, and onion powder. Mix well until everything is coated with sauce.
- Pour into a 9x13inch pan and sprinkle with cheese on top. Put under the broiler until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired and serve.
Nutritional Info Per Serving :
- Calories- 350
- Fats- 17g
- Carbs- 10g
- Fiber – 3g
3. Low carb pasta with broccoli and sausage- A classic Italian all-in-one dish that’s easy-to-go and quick but also healthy and highly satisfying.If you’re looking for something different, but still keto-friendly, with minimal time spent in preparing the dish, you must try this.
- 6 chipolatas (or 4 standard sausages)
- 200g broccoli florets
- 1 TBSP coarse Himalayan pink salt
- ½ tsp baking soda – optional
- 100g double (heavy) cream
- 5 anchovies (6 if small)
- 20g unsalted butter
- 200g keto egg noodles
- fine Himalayan pink salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- a pinch of grated nutmeg
- Place the broccoli florets in a bowl or pot, submerging them into the water, plus the coarse salt and baking soda, and bring to the boil (lid on).
- Simmer about 3 minutes, then drain and set aside, reserving 100g of the cooking water.
- Remove skin from sausages, cut the meat into 2-3cm pieces and put them in a frying pan together with the sausages and butter; pan-fry until the sausage pieces are dissolved fully.
- Next, chop some of the cooked florets and leave them aside; put the rest in a glass mixing bowl or similar; add fine salt, black pepper, nutmeg, and cream.
- Blend the mixture until you obtain a smooth cream; taste test and adjust seasoning to your preference.
- Pour the smooth cream into the sausage frying pan, then add the reserved cooking water as well as the pasta.
- Cook over moderate heat for a few minutes, adding a little more lukewarm water if necessary to loosen
- Once hot, put in a plate immediately and garnish with the sliced broccoli florets.
Nutritional Info per Serving :
- Calories- 713
- Fats- 70g
- Carbs- 6g
- Protein – 30g
Noodles are not low-carb or keto-friendly. In fact, they can be hampered to your overall health. Since they’re made with eggs, regular flour, noodles carbs can lead to unwanted weight gain as well as a spike in your blood sugar.
This makes egg noodles even more harmful for those who have obesity or diabetes. While egg noodles can be fine in moderation on special occasions, they should not be a choice in your keto diet.
So, what should you do if you’re hankering for pasta? If you’re hungry and feel like noodles, opt for low-carb pasta such as broccoli sausage noodles or homemade low-carb egg noodles. Combine them with plenty of healthy fat like avocados or heavy cream.
To lose weight, transforming yourself into a healthier version, and maintaining the weight, subscribe to Keto India for a personalized keto consultation. Good luck on your weight loss journey! Stay tuned for more such health content! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Ketogenic Diet, Health, and Wellness!