An easy low carb keto fathead dough pizza. This fathead dough pizza comprises of just 4 ingredients and it’s ready to serve. Fathead pizza is the ultimate keto pizza. It is crispy, chewy, and ready in 20 minutes.
What Is Fathead Pizza?
Fathead pizza dough is a gluten-free, low carb, and keto dough that is made with mozzarella, cream cheese, egg, and some type of low carb flour.
It is a great staple for a keto diet plan. The best part about the pizza is that the texture is very close to real pizza!
Carbs in Fathead Pizza
- Fathead pizza with almond flour: 144 calories | 12g fat | 3g total carbs | 8g protein
- Fathead pizza with coconut flour: 117 calories | 8g fat | 4g total carbs 7g protein
Make Fathead Pizza with coconut or almond flour
- Melt the cheese together in the microwave or boil on the stove.
- Form the dough with egg and flour. To make the dough- Knead your hands and squeeze through your fingers until it’s uniform.
- Bake the fathead pizza.
Fathead Pizza Recipe
This Fathead pizza recipe tastes the same just like regular pizza! And the texture is fabulous, which is one of the most challenging things to get right with low carb dough.
- 100 Grams Hard mozzarella cheese shredded
- 25 Grams of Cream Cheese
- 50 Grams of Almond Flour
- 1 Egg
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Tsp Garlic Bread Seasoning
- Add the shredded mozzarella and cream cheese to a bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir well, and add in the salt, seasoning, and almond flour.
- Mix everything well together and microwave again for 30 seconds
- Give it some time to cool,then add in the egg
- Mix well and set aside for 5 minutes
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Or You can just wet your hands and press the dough out into a circle.
- Move it to the baking tray and bake at 200C (390F) for 15 minutes
- Once baked, remove from the oven and flip the base over.
- Top with sauce and favorite toppings and return to the oven on the broiler setting till the cheese melts
- Slice and serve
- Eat it hot! It tastes best when it\’s just out of the oven.
- Before adding the egg, make sure the cheese is cool enough to touch. Too hot and you\’ll end up with scrambled eggs.
- The thinner you roll it out, the crisper the crust will be.
- If you don\’t eat an egg, you can make the dough without it.
So the fathead crust clocks in at 14 carbs per pizza, which is 8 net carbs. A. The main components are almond flour and cheese, both give it some structure and bite. It really is like a crisp, thin-crust pizza.
Tips For The Perfect Fathead Crust
A couple of things to keep in mind when making this. Always let the cheese cool a bit before you add the egg into it, lest you end up with a scrambled egg in the process. Two, it’s definitely best eaten immediately.
And three, if you are a ‘pure-vegetarian’, you can make the crust without the egg too. Finally, the thinner you roll it out, the ‘crisper’ you can get it. It’s also a good idea to use parchment paper on both sides if you’re using a rolling pin. Otherwise, you can always just wet your hands to prevent sticking and press out the dough into the desired shape.
Fathead Pizza Toppings
When it comes to toppings, the world is your oyster. You can use the standard keto marinara sauce, or you can go even lower carb and use my keto basil pesto. I personally love toppings like pepperoni, ham, mushrooms, and red onions. Those would be my favorites, but you can add pretty much anything to it. Just not pineapple.
Nutrition Info Per Serving– (1 slice)
- Protein 7g
- Total Carbs 4g
- Net Carbs 2g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 1g
Topped off with loads of cheese and tasty pepperoni, this fathead crust pizza is a treat for you on a ketogenic diet. You can add any of your favorite toppings to this low carb pizza for a pizza recipe the whole family will enjoy! An easy to make an instant recipe to load over pizza.
To lose weight, transforming yourself into a healthier version, and maintaining the weight, subscribe to Keto India for a personalized keto consultation. Good luck on your weight loss journey! Stay tuned for more such health content! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Ketogenic Diet, Health, and Wellness!