Regular egg noodles that you can buy from the grocery store are typically made with flour. Most kinds of pasta that you’ll find be it dried or fresh, from the restaurant, or the supermarket, will contain flour. Flour contains gluten, so conventional egg noodles and pasta will not be gluten-free. So Looking for a gluten-free egg noodle recipe? This one is perfect! these damn easy gluten-free egg noodles in minutes using only eggs, flour, and salt.
Gluten-Free Egg Noodles Recipe-
- 2 cups of gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum*
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- Pour the gluten-free into a large mixing bowl and whisk in the salt and xanthan gum (if you need it.)
- After the whisking, the dry ingredients, form a well in the middle of the flour mixture.
- Add the egg yolk and eggs into the middle of the well.
- Hammer the eggs thoroughly with a fork inside the well.
- Then mix the hammered eggs into the flour mixture with the whisk until they are well combined.
- Form the dough to help the ingredients better combine and form a large, solid ball of dough.*
- Cleansed a worktop in your kitchen and sprinkle about a handful of flour down.
- Shift your ball of dough from the mixing bowl to the workspace and knead it into a smoother ball.
- When you’re satisfied with the consistency and texture, slice your dough ball into four equal pieces.
- Take a large heap of dough, and place it on the floured worktop.
- Flatten and then shape the piece of dough into a thin, long shape using a floured rolling pin.
- Move your flattened dough through the pasta maker, and then cut it into thin noodles about 1/2 in wide.
- Line your finished gluten-free egg noodles onto a piece of parchment paper to keep them from sticking.
- Repeat the process with your remaining dough.
Instructions for cooking gluten-free egg noodles-
- Take a large saucepan of water to boil on the stove. Add a pinch of salt.
- Using a fork, gently lift the egg noodles and place a small batch of them into the boiling water.
- Allow the egg noodles to cook for 2 minutes each and no longer than 5 min.
- Once cooked, clear out the egg noodles before serving or mixing them with sauce!
- Calories: 279kcal
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 7g
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle.