Although a pasta is conventionally an Italian dish, the only thing Italian about this one pot creamy cajun chicken pasta is the penne. Cajun seasoning actually originates from Louisiana and is a blend of salt and numerous other spices. It is packed with spice and is extremely delicious.
This amazing pasta creates a perfect balance of flavours with the scrumptious combination of the spicy and cajun seasoning with a smooth cream cheese sauce. The use of wholewheat penne makes this pasta fiber rich and low in carbohydrates making it an amazing food of choice for women suffering from PCOS.
Here’s an easy to follow recipe to cook this delicious cajun chicken pasta at home!
Ingredients (4 Servings)
- Smoked paprika (2 tsp)
- Oregano (1 tsp)
- Thyme (1 tsp)
- Garlic powder (½ tsp)
- Onion powder (½ tsp)
- Cayenne pepper (¼ tsp)
- Black pepper (¼ tsp)
- Salt (¼ tsp)
- Olive oil (1 Tbsp)
- Butter (1 Tbsp)
- Chicken breast, boneless, skinless (450g)
- Yellow onion, diced (1)
- Penne pasta (225g, whole wheat or gluten-free)
- Fire roasted diced tomatoes (425g)
- Chicken broth (2 cups)
- Cream cheese (57g)
- Green onions, sliced (3)
- Cook (boil) the pasta of your choice and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add in all the ingredients for the Cajun seasoning. Now, cut the chicken in ½ inch cubes and place in a separate bowl. Pour the seasoning mixture in over the chicken and mix well to coat the chicken.
- Now in a large skillet, heat the butter & olive oil over a medium-high flame until the butter starts to foam. Now add the seasoned chicken and cook for a few minutes (not completely cooked).
- Add the yellow onion into the skillet now and saute for about 2 mins until it begins to soften.
- Once the onion has softened, add in the pasta, the roasted diced tomatoes and the chicken broth and stir well to mix. Place the lid over the skillet and cook until the broth comes to a boil.
- As the broth comes to a boil, reduce the flame to medium-low and let the pasta simmer for about 10 mins. At this point the pasta will be tender and the sauce will start to thicken.
- Finally, add in the cream cheese and mix well till it blends it into the sauce.
- Top with green onions and serve hot!
Points to be Noted
- Skillet used to cook in this case is a 4-quart capacity deep skillet
- The flame intensity will have to be adjusted as per the cookware in order to maintain a simmer in the broth.
- Make sure to stir occasionally so that the pasta does not stick to the base.
Serving: 1 | Calories: 482.65kcal | Carbohydrates: 51.53g | Protein: 34.95g | Fat: 14.58g | Sodium: 847.23mg | Fiber: 3.45g
Here’s Why You Should Try This One Pot Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta!
This pot of cajun chicken pasta will fill your mouth with an array of flavours that compliment each other beautifully. The use of healthy ingredients also make this pasta great for individuals that are conscious about their health. As mentioned before, this pasta is a great meal of choice for women suffering from PCOS too.
So do yourself a favour and give this yummy recipe a try. We promise you that you’ll have no regrets!
For more such unique and delicious recipes, stay tuned with us. Follow us on Instagram and subscribe to our Youtube Channel!