Most Popular snack foods have too many carbs to easily fit into a keto diet plan. This can be particularly frustrating when you’re trying to ward off that between-meal hunger. If you’ve found yourself in this nutritional predicament, don’t worry. Here are low carb keto diet Indian snacks you can have on a keto diet.
Keto Diet Indian Snacks-
The Indian Vegan Snack! Pakoras are great snacks in monsoon season. You can have your keto pakoda with keto masala chai and keto coconut chutney. The timing for this pakoda couldn’t be more perfect. So go ahead and fry up some Keto Paneer Pakodas.
- 100 grams Paneer
- 3 Tsp Psyllium Husk
- 1 Tsp Kasuri Methi/Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Salt to Taste
- Ghee/Oil for Deep Frying
- coconut flour
- Mix half the Kashmiri chili powder with half the turmeric, all the garam masala and some salt (about 1/2 tsp) and mix it all to create a dry rub
- Individually dab the paneer pieces in the spice mix and coat well. Else mix all of it together in a bowl so the paneer is well coated.
- To make the batter use some coconut flour mix some salt, the rest of the chili powder and turmeric, and the Kasuri methi and mix well. Then add in the psyllium husk 1 tsp at a time till the mixture is nice and thick like a batter.
- Dip the paneer in the batter and then deep fry. Cook till the batter is nice and golden brown.
- Serve them hot and with some Keto green chutney.
Nutritional Info Per Serving :
- Calories: 270
- Net Carbs: 2g
- Carbs: 6g
- Fat: 35g
- Protein: 12g
- Fiber: 4g
It’s a great recipe for keto dieters for weekend snacks. The Tikki or cauliflower fried cakes are yummy, crunchy, have an authentic Indian taste, and are so easy to make. With just three main ingredients you will be able to surprise yourself and your family too. You can also make paneer tikkis if you wish to switch from the cauliflower as the main ingredient.
- 200 gms cauliflower shredded or riced
- 1 egg
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp. ginger paste
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- ½ tsp. finely chopped green chilies
- ¼ tsp. haldi
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1tsp. garam masala
- ¼ tsp. chaat masala
- two tbsp. coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. low fat hung curd
- Salt to taste
- Add the shredded cauliflower into a kitchen towel or a muslin cloth and squeeze out all the water. Put the dried-out cauliflower into a bowl.
- Add the masalas, ginger and garlic paste, egg and coriander leaves and mix well. Make little tikkis and flatten them in the palm of your hand.
- Heat up the oil in a pan and add the tikkis into the oil once it’s hot.
- Shallow fry the tikkis till they are golden brown and crisp.
- Add a pinch of chili powder, chaat masala to the hung curd and enjoy it with the tikkis.
Nutrition Info: one serving- 1 Tikki
- Calories- 73
- Fats- 6g
- Protein -2.5g
- Carbs- 2.5g
3) Keto Upma-
Keto Upma recipe is made with cauliflower rice and few vegetables which are a delicious, low carb, gluten-free, a vegetarian keto breakfast dish that can be prepared under 30 minutes. Upma is a perfect swap for eggs. Upma would be a great keto diet Indian snack breakfast option for most of the youngsters. Cauliflower Upma can be served with yogurt or coconut chutney. If you don\’t prefer sides then it can be eaten as it is.
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1.5 cups mix vegetables (carrot, green beans, green peas)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- one stalk curry leaves
- 2 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- a pinch of asafetida (hing)
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (coriander leaves) for garnish
- One tablespoon grated coconut (fresh or frozen)
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
- Firstly separate cauliflower into florets and stalks. Wash thoroughly. Mince or grate florets with the help of grater or food processor to resemble fine rice or semolina.
To Prepare Upma
- Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a Kadai. Add mustard, let the mustard splutter.
- Add curry leaves, ginger, green chili, and hing. Saute for another 30-40 seconds.
- Next, add the onions and cook till the onions become soft.
- Then add the mix vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add cauliflower rice, salt, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on medium-low heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in between and turn off the flame.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, remove from heat and garnish with coriander, lime juice, and grated coconut, mix well and serve hot.
- Cauliflower Upma is Ready & serve hot with greek yogurt or coconut chutney.
TIPS & VARIATIONS:
- You can add more vegetables of your choice.
- Prepare cauliflower rice at home an refrigerate for 2-3 days.
- You can also add roasted peanuts.
- Can also use ghee or olive oil instead of coconut oil for this recipe.
- You can skip carrots and peas if you are on Keto Diet.
Nutritional Info :
- Calories- 270
- Fats- 21.2g
- Carbs- 9g
- Protein – 10g
4)Paneer Kathi roll-
If you like Indian Street Food as we do, you are in for a real treat. This Kathi Roll will not disappoint you one bit. And for a vegan version, simply substitute the Paneer for Tofu. Paneer Kathi rolls are great to snack on! Also, Before you begin making keto paneer Kathi rolls, ensure to keep all the ingredients ready.
- 4 Servings of Paneer Tikka
- 4 Flax Rotis
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Yogurt
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1/8 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/3 cup (35 g) Shredded Cabbage
- 1/3 cup (40 g) Thinly Sliced Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 3/4 Tsp Chaat Masala
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, for cooking the paneer
- 4 Tsp Coconut Oil, one for each Keto Roti
- 1 Cup of Chopped Fresh Coriander
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger Paste
- A Good Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- A Thinly Sliced De-seeded Green Chili
- 1/4 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- Firstly, make the paneer tikka in a pan, using 2 tbsp coconut oil. Most importantly, it is best to cook it in two batches.
- Secondly, grind the unsweetened yogurt, coriander, garlic, and ginger paste. Further, add 1/8 tsp cumin powder, and 1/4 tsp salt. Mix it properly in a mixer or using a spoon. Your green chutney is now ready!
- Make 4 flax rotis. And, add 1 tsp coconut oil to the pan when you cook them.
- Additionally, mix all the vegetables with the rest of the spices and the lemon juice.
- Above all, now, let’s make your keto paneer Kathi rolls. Firstly, take the flax roti and spread a good amount of chutney on it.
- Secondly, add 1/4 of the paneer tikkas. After that, top it with 1/4th of the vegetable mix and close the roll.
- Done! Your keto paneer Kathi roll is ready.
Nutritional Info Per Serving :
- Calories- 519
- Fiber- 12.1g
- Fats- 44.8g
- Protein- 17.6g
5) Keto Paneer tikka-
Keto Paneer tikka is a very easy and flavorful keto recipe. Paneer tikka is always a favorite Indian snack. So paneer lovers this keto diet Indian snacks recipe is for you! This Low Carb Vegetarian Paneer Tikka made from chunks of paneer and peppers marinated in spices. A super delicious keto paneer dish that will serve all your snack cravings.
- 200 gm paneer
- 30 gm onion
- Half tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/2 tablespoon red chili powder
- 50 gm red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 100 gm capsicum (green pepper)
- salt as required
- 120 gm plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon powdered turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 50 g yellow bell pepper
- Dice the bell peppers and cut cubes of paneer and onion
To prepare this easy recipe, wash the bell peppers and dice them in 2-inch pieces. Also, peel and cut the onion cubes. Afterwards, cut the paneer into cubes as well.
- Next, prepare the marinade for the paneer and the veggies. For the same, take a large mixing bowl and mix together Greek yoghurt in it along with ginger-garlic paste and all the spices. Once done, add all the chopped veggies and paneer in it, and let them marinate for an hour in the refrigerator. Make sure you cover the bowl with the lid.
- Now, Arrange veggies in skewers and cook in a pan.
- Finally, take out the marinated paneer and veggies from the refrigerator. Insert the veggies in skewers one by one alternately and keep aside.
- Then, heat a large pan over medium flame and grease it with a little olive oil.
- Place the paneer tikka skewers on the pan and let them cook till the base side of the paneer is golden or slightly charred.
- Turn the skewers and let them cook from the remaining sides as well.
- Serve hot with onion rings and green chutney.
Nutrition Info Per Serving :
- Calories- 200
- Carbs- 0g
- Fats- 22g
- Protein – 11g
6) Keto Chicken wings-
Keto chicken wings are always a great crowd pleaser snack. These wings are oven-baked yet super crispy, and taste like you got them from your favorite bar.
- 3-4 lbs chicken wings separated into the drumette and the flat/tip
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot
- 3 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare the chicken wings by separating them into the drumette and the flat/tip portion. Dry them well with a paper towel.
- Combine the baking powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl. Toss this with the chicken wings.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet, and place the chicken wings on the baking sheet. (You’ll likely need two baking sheets).
- Place the baking sheets in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Take the baking sheets out and flip the wings over. Return to the oven and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Once the wings are done, melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave. Combine the butter and the hot sauce in a large bowl, and toss the wings in the sauce.
- Serve as-is, with crumbled blue cheese on top, or with an appropriate blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping.
- 419 calories
- 32 g fat
- 1.2 g carbohydrate
- 0.5 g sugar
- 30.2 g protein
Another favorite non-vegetarian recipe for your keto diet snacking. The recipe is flavorful, juicy, and ready in no time. Keto Chicken tikkas are great crowd pleasers and always a part snack ready in no time.
- 500 grams Boneless chicken legs and thighs
- 15 grams Melted Butter
- 50 grams Yoghurt full fat and hung is preferred
- Half tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- Half tbsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Elaichi Powder
- 1 tbsp Kasuri Methi or Fenugreek Leaves
- A squeeze of lime
- Red Food Colour
- Ghee/Butter for Basting/Frying
- Cut the chicken into big kebab size pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients in a blow and make the marinade.
- Marinate the chicken for 2 hours or longer.
- Fry the kebabs in ghee in a frying pan or skewer them and put them in the oven at the highest temperature for 15 minutes. Halfway through baste with butter or ghee.
- Finally, char the kebabs on the stove for that \’tandoor\’ flavor.
- Serve with a slice of lime
Nutritional Info Per Serving :
- Calories: 417
- Net Carbs: 3g
- Carbs: 4g
- Fat: 21g
- Protein: 49g
- Fiber: 1g
8)Keto Fried Mozzarella bites-
Keto mozzarella bites are an easy kid-friendly low carb snack or appetizer. Keep some of these gluten-free cheese bites in the freezer for a quick bite at any time.
- 6 pieces of string cheese
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese the powdered kind in a can
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt coarse Kosher salt works best
- Cut string cheese in half crosswise.
- Beat 1 egg in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place almond flour, Parmesan cheese, coconut flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt in zipper sandwich bag. Shake bag to blend.
- Dip each piece of mozzarella into the beaten egg and then coat by shaking in the sandwich bag. Freeze for at least one hour.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan to at least half-inch high. The temperature of oil should be about 325-375°F. Higher temperatures tend to brown too quickly with cheese melting out. Air frying works too using a temperature of about 370 to 400°F for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cook each coated piece of mozzarella in the hot oil until browned on all sides. Enjoy!
- Calories: 207kcal
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Protein: 16g
- Fat: 15g
9) Keto Meethi Chilla-
Keto Paneer Methi Chilla with cheese-a delightful breakfast, and a great snack option! It is an Indian Appetizer made with almond flour or any other keto flour and filled with anything you like. They can be had plain with coconut chutney, or filled with paneer, tomato onion, and coriander, or whatever you fancy. They are light, full of protein and everybody likes them.
Keto Paneer Methi Chilla can be prepared in less than 15 minutes, which makes it extremely scalable and doable to fit a hectic lifestyle. Moreover, it is a go-to dish when sudden guests drop by.
- 50 g crumbled paneer, make sure they are no big lumps or pieces.
- one tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chilies
- 1/2tht tsp each of Haldi, chili powder and garam masala
- 2 tbsp cleaned, washed and chopped methi leaves
- 2 tbsp shredded cheese of your choice.
- 1/2th cup Almond flour
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- 2 tbsp hung curd sprinkled with chaat masala for serving
- Mix all the ingredients minus the ghee in a bowl and blend it well.
- Make sure you make even and pouring consistency batter. Let the batter rest for at least 10-15 minutes. Adjust with warm water if the batter is too thick.
- Heat up the ghee in a pan. Pour the batter and spread evenly in a circular shape.
- Drizzle some ghee or butter if required and allow to cook on medium-low heat until the Chilla turns crisp and brown and the sides begin to lift a bit from the pan.
- Fold over and Serve with some hung curd and chat masala on top and enjoy!
NUTRITIONAL FACTS PER SERVING
- Calories: 175kcal
- Total Fats: 15 g
- Total Carbs: 4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 7 g
These above recipes are very tasty and delicious. Keto diet Indian snacks are great option for Indians to enjoy their evening snack meals. We love these recipes and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!