Rich Scones are a petite unsweetened or somewhat mildly sweetened cake made from just a few ingredients. The same include flour, fat, and milk and sometimes having added fruit. Certain Keto Cheese Scones are delicious low-carb heaven! Ideal for breakfast-time, snack-time as well as dinner-time, they will always have you arriving back for more! It\’s fine, feathery scones, and mouth-watering!
These are indeed the perfect savory snack. Peck on their own smothered in avocado, or dunk into a bowl of any hearty keto soup.
- 150g of almond flour
- 30g of coconut flour
- 42g of flax seeds
- 1 tsp of gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 of grated cheddar cheese (57 g/ 2 oz)
- 3 tbsp of unsweetened almond milk (45 ml)
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of cracked black pepper
- Warm the oven to 190 °C/ 375 °F while you flush down the flax seeds in a blender until fine, or optionally use ground flax seeds.
- Consolidate the ground almonds, flax, coconut flour, baking powder, chives, cheese, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Now crack open the eggs and whisk with the almond milk using a fork.
- Next up, add the dry ingredients to the wet (almond mix to egg mix) and fold to form a dough.
- Then roll out the dough between two sheets of greaseproof paper until about 1 cm thick.
- Slice into small scone shapes using a cookie cutter (6 cm/ 2 1/2 inch). Repeat the process of the ‘dough’ until all the mixture is used up.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes. 10 minutes after that, sprinkle on the rest of the cheese and place it back in the oven for the remaining 5 minutes.
- Calories- 129
- Carbs- 3.6g
- Fat- 10.6g
- Protein- 5.7g
- Fiber – 2.2g
These Keto cheese scones are moist, soft, and deliciously crumbly on the edges! The recipe is low carb and keto-friendly.
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle.