Most people see low carb as a weight-loss diet, this isn’t necessarily true. But one can opt. Keto Diet To Gain Weight
Low carb likely to leads to weight loss in people with excess weight because it helps them feel full and they end up eating less.
If you like cheese, butter, mayonnaise, and delicious meals and want to gain weight, you can prefer Keto Diet To Gain Weight.
However, low carb foods are very nutritious, and may potentially help people who are underweight gain lean mass.
Being underweight, it’s true, is connected to some unfortunate health consequences. Nonetheless, adding muscle has many benefits. It can be preferred to add lean mass healthily.
In this article, we will learn about the problems with being underweight, how one can do Keto Diet To Gain Weight, and the best keto foods for healthy weight gain.
Why do people want to gain weight?
While some individuals, may just want to add a few extra kilos to a lean frame, others may want to build muscle and increase their overall size.
Here are a few of the more common reasons for weight gain:
- Gain more strength
- Improve sports performance
- Combat age-related muscle loss
- Improve self-confidence
- To improve overall health (in those who are very thin)
How to Gain Weight on Keto
- Gaining weight is all about being on a caloric surplus diet. The principle is simple: If you eat more calories than you burn, you’ll probably gain weight.
- The ketogenic diet is a high-fat low-carb diet of about 60% fat, 30% protein, and 10% carbs by calories.
- To gain weight steadily and safely, Look for a modest caloric surplus of 200-300 additional calories per day.
- You’ll need to increase your calorie intake. Caloric needs will surely vary greatly between individuals.
- Since keto is a low-carb, the rest of your calories must come from fatty acid. That implies your high-calorie diet will be rich in butter, cream, milk, cheese, olive oil, coconut oil, avocados, and other healthy fats.
Meal Timing, Sleep, Stress, Caffeine, and Gut Health
Sleep: You need plenty of deep, slow-wave sleep to release human growth hormone, which stimulates bone, muscle, and cartilage growth. Quality sleep also helps you make testosterone — an anabolic, fat-burning hormone.
Stress: Stress is catabolic, implying it breaks down muscle. Why? Because stress, due in part to the hormone cortisol, puts you in “fight or flight” mode, not “growth and repair” mode.
Caffeine and nicotine: Caffeine and nicotine are both antidepressants that activate the stress response in your body. The active chemicals called catecholamines, also known as adrenaline, that fire up your metabolism. Due to this, both are more suited for weight loss — not weight gain — goals.
Creatine: Creatinine has been proven, in study after study, to be a safe and effective strength supplement, 5 g of creatine monohydrate per day can help with muscle gain goals.
Gut health: Having a healthy gut aids to absorb nutrients from your food. You can eat all the food you wish to, but if you aren’t absorbing it, you won’t gain weight.
Foods to Help You Gain Weight on Keto
You want to gain weight on keto. What healthy foods should you eat?
Eggs are high on fat, moderate in protein, and low on the carb.
Egg protein has high bioavailability in the human body, rivaled only by whey protein. Eggs are also essential for liver, heart, and muscle health.
Out of all the protein supplements, whey protein is the most effective for building muscle. Whey is a complete protein, highly bioavailable, and highly digestible. Whey helps you in muscle building because it’s rich in leucine.
Full fat dairy
Full-fat milk, cream, cheese, and other dairy products are excellent keto foods for building muscle. Along with fat, dairy items consist the milk proteins whey and casein, both of which have well-researched growth-promoting properties.
Also, dairy contains a good amount of calcium, an essential electrolyte for muscle contraction, and the main mineral that forms your bones.
For a keto-friendly snack, you can’t beat a handful of almonds, walnuts, macadamias, or pecans. They’re high fat, nutritious, and a treat for the tastebuds.
Meat and fatty fish
Chicken, Beef, pork, salmon, and sardines are whole food protein staples on the keto-diet. Meat is highly hypoallergenic, so it’s great for those sensitive to whey or egg protein.
And yes, the complete protein from fish and meat comes complete with plenty of leucine for muscle growth. Eat up.
Healthy oils and fats
If you want to gain weight on keto, fatty acids are your homies. The most suitable way to mainline fat calories is to eat calorie-dense natural fats and oils.
That means butter, coconut oil, MCT oil, olive oil, avocado oil, and palm oil.
Get creative. Use an extra pat of butter for cooking, pour extra olive oil on your salad, add a dollop of coconut oil to your spinach. If you’re pressed for time, take a few swigs of avocado oil, right from the bottle.
Building Muscle on a Keto Diet
Raised levels of insulin a product of high-carb diets are not necessary for muscle growth.
The low-carb keto diet is better for muscle growth than a high-carb Western diet.
So no, you don’t acquire carbs to build muscle — but you do need protein. The amino acid leucine, present in any complete protein, promotes muscle protein synthesis with or without high levels of insulin.
Well, leucine also connects with the ketone body beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB) to create a muscle-sparing effect. In other words, keto helps preserve muscle.
Now let us look at the meal plan for a week.
|MONDAY||Coconut Pancakes with cream and berries||Keto tuna salad + Boiled eggs||Keto-Friendly Dark Chocolate.||Keto hamburger patties with creamy tomato sauce.|
|TUESDAY||Boiled Eggs and Mayonnaise||Keto noodle Chicken soup||Bulletproof Coffee||Roast chicken with cream sauce and sauteed broccoli.|
|WEDNESDAY||Paneer Parantha + Veg||Keto egg Muffins||Black tea + Peanuts||Keto Fried salmon with broccoli and cheese|
|THURSDAY||Baked avocado egg boats.||Grilled salmon with spinach sauteed in coconut oil.||Celery and peppers with herbed cream cheese dip||Keto Caesar salad|
|FRIDAY||Keto cheese Roll ups||Roast chicken with cream sauce and sauteed broccoli.||1-2 Walnuts + Black Coffee||Keto Pasta|
|SATURDAY||Butter Fried Paneer||Classic bacon with eggs||Keto smoothie made with coconut milk, cocoa and avocado||Keto chicken Casserole|
|SUNDAY||Mushroom omelet.||Keto Dosa + Veg.||Berries with heavy whipping cream||Keto Fried salmon with broccoli and cheese|
Let us look at great some keto Recipes.
- Finely chop 50g bell peppers, 50g green beans,5 mushrooms, 50g broccoli/ cauliflower.
- Add 20g butter and chopped vegetables in a non-stick pan
- Now add 5 walnuts and 10 almonds to the pan and sauté for 5 mins.
- To this, add 100g paneer cubes and sauté for 2 mins.
- Squeeze 1/2 lime, sprinkle salt, and chat masala.
Nutritional Value: Total Calories- 426 kcal, Carbohydrates- 2.5 g, Fats- 36 ,Protein- 23 g,
Boil 200g cauliflower for 5 mins and then pulse it in the food processor till you get a rice-like consistency.
- Heat up 2 tbsp olive oil/ 2 tbsp of ghee in a pan.
- Add in the mustard seeds, 6-10 curry leaves, and 30g onions, salt, turmeric, 4-5 peanuts, 1 green chili and cook for 2 mins.
- Now add 1/4 cup water, add in the cauliflower rice, and cover and cook till it is soft.
- Decorate with coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.
Nutritional Value: Total Calories- 322 kcal, Fats- 32 g,Carbohydrates- 4.5 g, Proteins- 4 g,
- Halve 70g cucumber and cut into thick slices. Place in a large bowl. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, 2-3 garlic cloves, vinegar (1⁄2teaspoon), 1 tsp pepper, 3 g coriander, 70g broccoli, and mix well. Leave to marinate for 2 hours.
- Drizzle sesame seeds and enjoy.
Nutritional Value: Total Calories- 166 kcal, Fats- 15 g , Carbohydrates- 4 g, Protein- 0.5 g,
- Take 250ml of unsweetened almond milk in a bowl. Add 30 g flax seeds,30 g chia seeds, 60 g hemp seeds, 30 g chopped almonds/pecan nuts.
- Add 2 drops of vanilla essence or erythritol. OR Add powder cinnamon powder and erythritol/ keto-friendly sweetener OR 3-4 berries.
- Enjoy your oatmeal.
Nutritional Value: Total calories- 533 kcal, Fats- 45 g ,Carbohydrate- 4 g, Protein- 28 g,
- Heat 1tbsp ghee in a pan, add ½ chopped tomato,1/2 chopped onion, 1 chopped green chili, 1 tsp turmeric,, 30 g capsicum,30 g broccoli, pink Himalayan salt, pepper, pav bhaji masala (optional), and cook for 3-5 mins. Till the onions become translucent. Can add any other vegetable of your choice.
- Add 2 eggs, whisk them thoroughly until cooked.
- Garnish with coriander.
Total calories – 308 kcal, Carbohydrates – 2 g , Fats – 28 g ,Protein- 12 g ,
- Heat a 2 tbsp tablespoon of olive oil/ butter/ ghee on medium heat in a pan. Add vegetables ( 50 g mushroom, 35 g broccoli, 30 g capsicum, 33 g diced tomatoes, 30 g beans ) to the pan.
- Drizzle it with pink Himalayan salt and pepper. Saute vegetables for about five minutes until slightly tender. Remove vegetables to plates.
- Spray pan with cooking spray again. Add two eggs, drizzle over Himalayan salt and pepper, and cook. Remove egg and place on top of vegetables.
- Your dish is ready to be served.
Total calories – 447 kcal , Fats- 43 g ,Carbohydrate – 3 g , Protein – 12 g
- Take 50 g of asparagus, ¼ small tomato, ¼ medium-sized onion chop, and saute them in a pan for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Add 100g spinach too and pink Himalayan salt to taste and cook until they wilt. Remove the ingredients from the pan.
- Vigorously beat 2 eggs and one tablespoon cream together. Pour this mixture on the hot, greasy pan. Put the lid on top and cook for 1 minute.
- On one side add cheese and veggies, and then fold the omelet when firm.
- Turn off the heat and put the lid on top. Let the omelet rest for a few minutes. The ingredients will melt and blend together.
Calories- 365kcal , Fats- 27g, Protein-11g ,Net Carbs- 3g
- Add 100g diced cabbage/lettuce, iceberg/romaine in a shredder or processor, 20g sliced capsicum, 10g tomatoes, 10g onions, 10g olives and 20g mushrooms.
- Then add pink Himalayan salt and pepper to taste. You can incorporate dressing of your choice. (Coriander dip/ homemade tomato sauce/ SF mayo/ SF mustard) Add paneer chunks (100 g ), sprinkle chat masala, and mix well. Enjoy the salad.
- Add 100g chopped lettuce/ cabbage/iceberg/romaine in a shredder or processor, 10g tomatoes, 10g onions, 20g sliced capsicum, 10g olives, and 20g mushrooms.
- You can add pink Himalayan salt and pepper to taste. Add dressing of your choice. (Coriander dip/ homemade tomato sauce/ SF mayo/ SF mustard) Add paneer chunks (100 g ), sprinkle chat masala, and mix well. Enjoy the salad.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee/butter in a non-stick pan. Add the 2-3 g chopped garlic, 1 -2 dried red chilies, and after a half, a minute adds the 1-2 g chopped ginger. Saute till they turn golden.
- Add100 g diced paneer cubes to the pan. Add the pink Himalayan salt and cook on high heat to turn the paneer golden. Add the ¼ tsp black pepper,½ tsp red chili powder, 5 ml lemon juice, and 1-2 stevia drops.
- Keep stirring and cooking on high heat. Switch off the heat and garnish with coriander.
Nutritional value :
Total calories- 410 kcal , Carbohydrates- 2.5 g, Protein- 19 g g, Fats – 36
11.Keto Pav Bhaji
- Boil 100 g cauliflower in a pot for 5minutes, remove excess water and mash it properly.
- Add 2 tablespoon ghee, the 30 g diced tomatoes, 35 g green capsicum, and Himalayan salt. Mix everything in a pot for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water and mix well before covering the pot and boiling for 10 minutes. Add 1⁄4 tsp of turmeric, 1 tsp pav bhaji masala,1 tsp chili powder, and 2 tbsp of finely chopped coriander.
- Mix everything and sauté for 1 minute. Whisk all the ingredients well and add 1⁄2 cup water to adjust the consistency. Boil and mash the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Serve alongside keto buns toasted in butter.
Nutritional Value: Total calories – 298 kcal, Fats – 30 g ,Carbohydrates – 3 g, Protein – 4 g,
- Put 200g cauliflower in a food processor to get a rice-like consistency.
- In a pan, add 2 tbsp ghee, 1 tbsp cumin seeds, 1 tbsp mustard seeds40g onions, 10 curry leaves, 5g grated ginger, 1 green chili (de-seeded), cauliflower. Add one tsp garam masala, one tsp chaat masala, and pink Himalayan salt to taste.
- To this, add 1.5 cups of water, cover with a lid and cook till the water dries and the cauliflower rice is soft.
- Garnish with coriander and serve!
Nutritional Value: Total Calories- 470 kcal, Carbohydrates- 5 g, Protein- 5 g, Fats- 30 g