Lemon curd is the perfect topping or filing for your keto desserts! Keto lemon curd is thick, creamy, and intensely tangy!The perfect keto lemon curd is one that tastes good by itself, however, this keto lemon curd is also delicious as a spread for keto toast, keto scones or to sandwich together with a keto sponge cake. It’s a perfect gift for a friend (even if they are not keto).
This keto dessert is so simple. It only has 4 different ingredients. Lemons are the star of the recipe, as lemon is such a fantastic color, combined with the yolks of a few homegrown chicken eggs, its such a vibrant yellow color. You can also add your natural low carb sweeteners with your lemon zest, and egg yolks.
Also, this lemon curd is sugar-free and great topping option for low carb and keto dieters. It’s easy and simple keto dessert recipe for you.
Keto Lemon Curd Recipe-
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup low carb sweetener powdered
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 4 tbsp butter cut up in small pieces
- Fill a medium saucepan with 2 inches of water and place over medium heat. Water should be at a rapid simmer.
- Choose a large heat-safe bowl that will fit on top of the saucepan to create a double boiler.
- First, place eggs, low carb sweetener, lemon juice in the bowl. Then place the bowl on top of the saucepan over the rapidly simmering water.
- Using a wire whisk continuously whisk the eggs, sweetener and lemon juice together. Turn the heat to high and continuous whisk for 10 full minutes. Whisking should be continuous, but not rigorous.
- At 10 full minutes of whisking your curd should be thickening up. At this point, continue to whisk and test the thickness of the curd by coating the back of a spoon. Every stovetop is a little different, so you may or may not need 1-3 more minutes.
- When the curd has thickened, remove from the bowl from heat, and carefully set on the countertop.
- Still using the wire whisk, stir in the xanthan gum. Add the butter pieces and stir in until melted.
Use curd as a dipping sauce for strawberries and raspberries or use the curd to fill a keto-friendly tart shell. This lemon curd is wonderful in the fort you Low Carb Lemon Cheesecake and other cheesecakes too.
- You can store lemon curd in mason jars or airtight containers.
- Keep lemon curd for at least 3-4 days in the fridge As whether you use it in a dessert or in another recipe, you will need to refrigerate the end result.
Nutritional Info Per Serving :
- Calories: 82kcal
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
Amazing Keto Lemon Curd is a delicious topping for your keto desserts- pastries and cheesecakes especially. It is very easy to make and will be ready to serve with your desserts in just a few minutes.
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!