This Keto Paneer Salad is the perfect way to satisfy your Indian cravings in this warm weather. Paneer cheese, sweet peppers, and onions running with a cilantro-mint chutney is a perfection.
The recipe is low carb, keto-friendly, gluten-free, grain-free, and sugar-free, what else can you ask for?
This time we are keeping the paneer basic, and in a salad. It’s one of the easiest dishes you can put together for a nutritious keto meal. We love this, especially with a delectable home-made sour cream dressing.
Now that summer is fast approaching we all can use some quick and easy salad recipes. Something besides grilled chicken and shrimp though. Not that there is anything wrong with grilled chicken and shrimp salads. YUM!
But we want our Vegetarian Ketoers to have their versions to these amazing salads too. Our local Indian take-out joints serve a paneer salad just like this. The paneer turns it from a salad into an entree. This Keto Paneer Salad actually makes our meals complete.
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED FOR KETO PANEER SALAD
- Paneer – 150 g, cut into bite-sized cubes
- Lettuce – 150 g
- Onion – 12 g
- Cherry tomatoes – 20 g
- Cucumber – 15g
- Capsicum – 20g
- Olives – 30g
- Jalapeno – 25g
- Green chilies, chopped (optional) – 2
- Cheese – Grated or slices, chopped roughly
- Salt – As required
- Ground pepper – To season
- Olive oil – ½ tbsp
DIRECTIONS TO MAKE KETO PANEER SALAD
For the dressing:
Sour Cream: 1.5 Tbsp
Water: As Required
Fresh Chives (Optional): 4 Sprigs, Chopped
Salt & Pepper – To Season
Method for the Dressing:
- In a small bowl, add sour cream and add a few drops of water.
- Whisk until the sour cream is thin.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped chives.
- Mix all the ingredients well and set aside or refrigerate.
Method for the Salad:
- In a large bowl, add all the vegetables and top it with the paneer cubes and cheese.
- Drizzle the prepared salad dressing and olive oil when you are ready to consume the salad.
- Mix well and serve fresh.
- I have used cheddar cheese slice, swap for any other cheese of your liking.
- Add/omit ingredients to suit your taste.
- The ingredients have been measured to keep in mind my ketogenic macros. Adjust quantities of the ingredients to suit your needs.
- I have had this salad with an addition of crumbled feta, and it tasted incredible.
- Can’t get sour cream? Not a worry! Use Greek yogurt or full-fat natural yogurt.
- I have used iceberg lettuce, use any variety of mixed greens in the salad.
- I prefer using fresh paneer in the salad, you may shallow fry the paneer pieces in ghee or butter and include it in the salad.
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!