Thanksgiving while doing Keto? And getting that fine Turkey at home? Yes, you got it. Everybody desperately needs a stress-free Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. So with this easy keto turkey recipe, you’ll be able to serve up a wonderful low-carb meal and enjoy every moment of it.
And if you didn\’t know that yet, turkey makes great keto-friendly food and does not contain any carbs. It is rich in proteins and nutrients and is a source of minerals such as selenium and zinc and high in B vitamins side by side.
- 14-16lbs (6.57kg) whole turkey (thawed (if frozen))
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 lemon
- 5 sticks celery
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/4 chopped parsley
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- Mince the garlic and mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Now preheat the oven to 170C/325F.
- Soak the turkey inside and out. Pat the skin dry and place in a roasting rack inside a large roasting pan.
- Cut the onion and celery. Slice the lemon into wedges. Mince the garlic.
- Now stuff the basin of the bird with the veggies from step 4.
- Release the skin of the bird by putting your hands between the skin and the breast meat working your way down the leg.
- Now take some of your butter mixtures and rub them thoroughly under the skin over the breast and leg meat.
- Do note to coat as much as you can and it\’s easier if the butter is at room temperature.
- Splash the olive oil all over the turkey and sprinkle the salt and pepper all over.
- Now tie the legs of the turkey together with kitchen twine or oven-proof string.
- Then place a probe thermometer into the thickest part of the breast (if you have one).
- Put the turkey breast side up into the oven on the middle rack and bake for 2.5 hours to 3 hours.
- Midway through, baste the turkey juice all over the skin.
- Now after 2.5 hours, check the thermometer. That should register at 160F/71C. But if you don\’t have a probe thermometer, open the oven and check with a handheld thermometer, and if it\’s not there yet, cook it a bit longer (10-40min).
- As soon as the breast meat registers at 160F/71C, take it out of the oven and cover the dish with aluminum foil for 30 minutes. That will finish cooking it.
- Next up, you can start carving it!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Calories: 286kcalProtein: 43.3gFat: 11.3g , Net carbs : 0g
Execute this succulent keto thanksgiving turkey recipe as the centerpiece for your low-carb Christmas or Thanksgiving feast.
Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!