These healthy little treats work well as a side or as fun bite-size appetizers. Roasting the smoky cauliflower adds deep flavor and gives it an irresistible crunch
You don\’t need a silver fork to eat good food, and this recipe is just the one you won\’t be able to resist and relish till the last crunch.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into flour
Some words about Cauliflower before we start the preparation it is a cruciferous vegetable that is naturally high in fiber and B-vitamins. It provides antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against cancer. It also contains fiber to enhance weight loss and digestion, choline that is essential for learning and memory, and many other important nutrients.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Mix the first 6 ingredients. Add cauliflower florets; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast until tender, 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway.
Test Kitchen tips
- Give these bites even more smoky, spicy flavor by dipping them in chipotle mayo.
- Want even more heat? Squirt a little sriracha or hot pepper sauce on them as soon as they come out of the oven.
- If you really like smoky flavors, use smoked Spanish-style paprika.
- This cauliflower recipe is a go-to favorite for Christmas appetizers or easy Thanksgiving appetizers, especially since preparation is so simple.
This recipe of smoky cauliflower is not only delicious but also really healthy. It is a perfect balance of crunch and explosion of flavor.
1 cup: 129 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.