When most people hear the word \’keto,\’ they automatically think of a huge plate of chicken and eggs. Sure, those two foods are in a ton of keto recipes, but you can still eat keto if you\’re a vegetarian. Here we have some delicious vegetarian keto diet dinner recipes which are full of healthy fats and protein but are totally meatless.
So what exactly is a Keto diet, you may ask? A keto diet is a low carb and high-fat diet. The key with any keto diet is to trigger the process called ketosis which forces your body to utilize the excess fat as energy instead of using any carbohydrates.
So here we have for you some quick and easy dinner recipes which you can enjoy while on Keto, without pulling your body out of ketosis!
Keto Mac n Cheese
Starting off with a popular favorite, the classic mac n cheese, but with a keto twist! This version takes out all the high carb components without sacrificing flavor. This creamy, ultra cheesy, and super indulgent Keto Mac and Cheese is bound to make you dance with joy
Time Taken: 35 Minutes
- Fat: 48g
- Sodium: 961mg
- Potassium: 649mg
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 32g
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley
- A teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Place 1 inch of water in a large saucepan with a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
- Add cauliflower to boiling water and cook for 8 to 9 minutes, or until riped-crisp.
- Drain cauliflower and set aside.
- Puree a baking dish and set it aside.
- Put in milk in the same pot and set over medium heat.
- Add the cream cheese to the milk and whisk until cream cheese is completely melted.
- Stir in dried parsley, salt, and pepper, garlic powder, chili powder,
- Add one cup of shredded cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese respectively.
- Whisk to melt the cheeses completely.
- Add back cauliflower florets into the pot and stir to cover them in the cheese.
- Shift cauliflower mixture to previously prepared baking dish; drizzle with remaining cheddar cheese and set aside.
- Combine parmesan, and melted butter in a small bowl.
- Bake, uncovered, for 18 to 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Detach Cauliflower Mac and Cheese casserole from oven.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve to steam hot!
The ultimate dinner special, here we have a keto-friendly version of a thin crust pizza. Here we have an almond flour crust, so as to reduce the carbs for the recipe. This pizza dough rolls out super thin, crisps up beautifully, and is absolutely perfect for all kinds of toppings.
Time Taken: 23 Minutes
- Calories: 705
- Net Carbs: 9g
- Carbs: 15g
- Fat: 57g
- Protein: 38g
- Fiber: 5g
- 100 Grams Hard mozzarella cheese shredded
- 25 Grams Cream Cheese
- 50 Grams Almond Flour
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Tsp Garlic Bread Seasoning
- Low carb pizza sauce
- Toppings of choice
- Add the grated mozzarella and cream cheese to a bowl and microwave for 60 seconds.
- Add salt, seasoning, and almond flour and combine well.
- Microwave the mixture again for 30 seconds.
- Stir well again and set aside for 5 minutes
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Move it to the baking tray and bake at 200C for 10-15 minutes
- Remove from the oven post-baking and flip the base over.
- Top with sauce and toppings of your choice and return to the oven on the broiler setting to melt the cheese
- Slice and serve hot!
Keto Zoodle Bowl
This delectable sesame almond zoodle bowl is the perfect dinner recipe. Seasoned with the creamy almond butter sauce and crunchy chopped almonds, this bowl is brimming with healthy fats and packed with filling fiber.
Time Taken: 20 Minutes
- Fat: 24g
- Net Carbs: 6g
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded broccoli
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- One teaspoon sesame
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon erythritol
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon chopped almonds, garnish
- Heat one tsp of sesame oil in a large pan on moderate heat.
- Add grated broccoli cabbage mix, and mushrooms, and sauté until they begin to soften.
- Prepare your zucchini noodles using a vegetable spiralizer and pat them dry with a towel to remove some of the excess moisture.
- Add your zoodles to the pan and heat evenly to make them soft.
- Mix your sauce by pouring all ingredients into a large bowl and combining thoroughly.
- Add a touch of oil or water if necessary to reach a thin consistency.
- Drizzle with sesame almond sauce on your zoodles then toss to coat.
- Top with chopped almonds and crushed red pepper flakes and an optional pinch of chili powder, and serve hot.
Broccoli and Cheese Fritters
Craving some tasty fried snacks while on Keto? Now you can turn broccoli into a dish that everybody will love. These broccoli and cheese fritters are crunchy on the outside, and soft and cheesy on the inside., and are an absolute delight for dinner.
Time Taken: 20 Minutes
Nutritional Value (Per Serving):
- 103.9 Calories
- 8.35g Fats
- 1.89g Net Carbs
- 4.57g Protein
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 7 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 4 ounces fresh broccoli
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup fresh chopped dill
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Adjoin broccoli to a food processor to completely broke down.
- The couple together the cheese, almond flour, ¼ cup flaxseed meal, and baking powder with the broccoli.
- Spin the batter into balls and then coat with three tbsp of flaxseed meal.
- Roast the fritters until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Once done, lay on paper towels to drain excess grease and season with salt and pepper.
- Make a zesty dill and lemon mayonnaise for a dip. Enjoy!
Veg Teriyaki Eggplant
The ulitmate vegetarian dish to pair with cauli-rice, this quick and simple yet mouthwatering recipe is bound to become your dinner favorite. Laced with minimal carbs and a soothing taste, you’ll wonder why you didn\’t try this recipe sooner.
Time Taken: 20 Mins
- 163.4 Calories
- 12.07g Fat
- 6.98g Net Carbs
- 3.72g Protein.
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated swerve
- 1/2 cup liquid aminos
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Couple sesame oil, liquid aminos, garlic, ginger, and swerve into a saucepan and whisk together over medium heat.
- Bring the sauce to a light simmer, stirring frequently until it begins to condensed slightly. Take off from heat.
- Take off the stems from the eggplants and slice into 1/8 in slices.
- Spread teriyaki sauce on each slice and place it on a hot grill.
- Sear each side, covering with more sauce as it caramelizes.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve with remaining sauce.
Cauliflower Fried Rice
This uncomplicated fried rice recipe can be cooked in less than 15 minutes and makes the perfect dinner delicacy. This recipe can be part of a low-carb, keto, gluten-free, dairy-free, diet, without compromising on the taste at all!
Time Taken: 4
Servings: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 114
- Fat (g): 8
- Carbs (g): 6
- Fiber (g): 1
- Protein (g): 4
- Net carbs (g): 5
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 12 ounces riced cauliflower fresh or frozen
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup carrot finely diced (optional)
- 2 large spring onions sliced, with white and green parts separated
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce or Tamari
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Melt butter or ghee over medium-high heat in a pan.
- Add carrots and grated cauliflower.
- Stir occasionally until vegetables begin to soften–about 5 minutes.
- Saute in the white part of the green onions. Cook until vegetables are almost edible.
- Add the garlic and cook for 60 seconds.
- Continue stirring the mixture.
- Put in the soy sauce, the green part of green onions, and the sesame oil.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, and enjoy!
Palak Paneer recipe is a north Indian dish consisting of palak and paneer in a thick curry sauce based on pureed onion, tomatoes, spinach, and spices. A recipe that is low carb, keto-friendly, and gluten-free, is something that we highly recommend you to try on a keto diet.
Time Taken: 20 Minutes
- Fat 17g
- Carbohydrates 9g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 11g
- 250 gm Palak/Spinach
- 1 cup Paneer/Cottage cheese, about 100 grams
- 2 tablespoon oil
- A teaspoon of cumin (jeera) seeds
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- A pinch of ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- A teaspoon of garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream or cashew cream (optional)
- A tablespoon of Kasuri methi
- Heat oil in a Kadai
- Once the oil is hot add cumin seeds, let the cumin splutter then add onions, minced ginger, and garlic, green chili, and fry until onions turn light brown.
- Next add sliced tomato, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water and spinach. Close the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Then turn off the stove.
- Cool the mixture and blend the ingredients into a creamy texture using a blender.
- Later transfer the mixture into the Kadai
- Add garam masala, Kasuri methi, and paneer and whisk well.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- The delicious palak paneer is ready.
Paneer Butter Masala:
Finishing the list with the classic restaurant-style paneer butter masala, an Indian favorite. In this creamy recipe, we have paneer cubes that are simmered in a mildly rich onion tomato cashew nut-based gravy. The best part is that this dish is Keto friendly, gluten-free, low carb!
Time Taken: 35 Minutes
- Fat: 25g
- Sodium: 494mg
- Potassium: 450mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 10g
- 200 grams Paneer cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup Cashew Nuts
- 2 Green cardamoms
- 3 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 3 tablespoon fresh cream
- 2-3 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin/Jeera seeds
- 2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1.5 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup of water
- Immerse onions, tomatoes, cashew nuts, ginger, garlic, spices, and 1 cup of water into a pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook on a medium flame for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Take off from the heat and cool. Blend to a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil, add the jeera to a pan and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add bay leaf and Kashmiri red chili powder.
- Then add an onion-tomato pureed mixture.
- Close lid and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the paneer, kasoori methi,garam masala, salt.
- Mix well and boil the mixture.
- Finally, smoothly whip in the cream and paneer butter masala is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with keto rice, keto naan, or keto roti, and enjoy!
We love these Vegetarian Keto diet Dinner Recipes and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle.