Easy to make, this healthy Zucchini Ravioli is a great low-carb alternative for a family weeknight meal. Packed with veggies, you won\’t miss the pasta!
Mix up your weeknight meals with this delicious vegetarian zucchini ravioli. Packed with lots of fresh and healthy ingredients, this low-carb pasta alternative is a tasty family meal that’s fancy enough to serve to the company.
- 2 medium zucchinis
- olive oil, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach (80 g), chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (250 g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce (260 g)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cut off the end of each zucchini then using a vegetable peeler, peel each zucchini into wide strips.
- Transfer the zucchini strips to a plate then layer two strips vertically and two strips horizontally to make a cross.
- Repeat the process with the remaining strips.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil then garlic and sauté for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Now add spinach, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, until wilted down.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the spinach and garlic. Add the ricotta, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, scoop approximately 1 tablespoon of the mixture and place in the middle of each zucchini noodle cross.
- Fold each side to seal the ricotta mixture then flip over the ravioli so the seam side is on the bottom.
- In a baking dish pour the marinara sauce then smooth with a spatula.
- Evenly place the zucchini ravioli then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with fresh basil.
We just love this dish and we hope that you will feel the same after you eat it. Well for more such amazing and delicious keto recipes, stay tuned with us. And go follow us on our Instagram Handle and subscribe to our Youtube Channel!