Sensational spice-crusted Low Carb Chicken Stew with golden cauliflower rice. This is the kind of recipe that you want to eat on the keto diet, and the meal prep recipe makes 5 servings for the week.
This Low Carb Chicken Stew recipe is one of the most popular keto diet meals. The chicken stew is a one-pan dish that is full of flavor and very easy to make. It’s a combination of adding the right spices, searing the chicken, and adding lots of flavorful goodies to the braising liquid.
This chicken stew recipe starts with chicken thighs because they have way more flavor than chicken breasts and won’t dry out as easily. Season the chicken thighs with a pinch of salt and then the Moroccan spice rub which has smoked paprika, cloves, cinnamon, coriander, and more. Once the spices sear into the crust in a hot cast iron pan, the flavors will be off the charts.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHICKEN: ( As per one serving )
1) 2 boneless & skinless chicken thighs
2) 0.2 teaspoon each smoked paprika & cumin
3) 0.1 teaspoon ground coriander
4) 0.05 teaspoon ground cinnamon
5) 0.03 teaspoon ground cloves
6) 0.1 an onion chopped
7) 0.2 medium-size zucchini cubed
8) 0.1 teaspoon dried thyme
9) 0.6 cloves garlic minced
10) 1.2 ounces jarred roasted peppers sliced
11) 0.1 cup good quality green olives pitted & halved
12) 0.8 thin slices of lemon
13) 0.3 cups chicken stock/broth
14) 0.1 a red chile thinly sliced or pinch of red pepper flakes
15) 0.2 teaspoon parsley chopped
16) Avocado or grapeseed oil
17) Kosher salt
18) Fresh cracked black pepper
FOR CAULIFLOWER RICE:
1) 0.4 medium-size heads of cauliflower
2) 0.1 an onion chopped
3) 0.6 cloves garlic minced
4) 0.2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
5) 0.2 tablespoon ground turmeric powder
6) 0.2 cup full fat coconut milk
7) Zest of ½ a lime & ½ orange
8) 0.6 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
9) 0.05 cup blanched almonds or walnuts chopped & roasted if desired
10) 0.2 tablespoon parsley chopped
11) 0.1 a red chile thinly sliced
12) Avocado or grapeseed oil
13) Kosher salt
14) Fresh cracked black pepper
How To Cook Cauliflower Rice
1) Make the cauliflower rice by dicing each head of cauliflower in half and grating them on the largest setting of a box grater, trying not to grate too much of the stalk.
2) Pre-heat a large pan over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and then add the onions along with salt and a couple of cracks of pepper.
3) Cook for 6 minutes then add the garlic and grated ginger then add the turmeric powder and mix well. Now leave it for 45 seconds then add the coconut milk and mix well.
4) Bring the milk to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, until it has reduced some. Add all of the cauliflower rice along with salt and pepper, mix very well.
5) Place a lid on the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Turn the heat off and add the nuts, lime, coconut flakes, and orange zest, parsley, and red chiles.
6) Mix well and check for seasoning. You can add lime juice, orange juice, or salt if desired.
For the chicken :
1) Season the chicken with a generous pinch of salt, smoked paprika, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cloves on both sides
2) Pre-heat a wide pan just over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add a tablespoon of oil, wait 30 seconds, and add the chicken to the pan. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and crusty, flip and repeat, remove from pan.
3) Lower the heat to medium, add 1 teaspoon of oil to the pan and then add the onions, zucchini, thyme, salt, and a few cracks of pepper.
4) Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes then add the chicken, roasted peppers, olives along with any juices, and enough chicken stock to come halfway up the side of the chicken. Put the lemon slices around the chicken and add the sliced chiles.
5) Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle over parsley when the chicken is ready, set aside.
6) Serve the chicken with some of the turmeric rice and enjoy!
Nutritional value :
Macros per serving of chicken.
Calories – 174
Carbs – 1.6 g
Fat – 6.7 g
Protein – 24.3 g
Fiber – 0.8 g
Macros per serving of cauliflower rice.
Calories – 203
Carbs – 4.8 g
Fat – 17.3 g
Protein – 5.4 g
Low Carb Chicken Stew with Keto Cauliflower Rice
Amount Per Serving (1 meal)
Calories – 377
Fat – 24g
Carbohydrates – 9.5g
Fiber – 4.9g
Protein – 29.7g
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss stories, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle.