The best way to kick start your day is to have protein pancakes. They are good source of protein and potassium. Amazing morning breakfast! Also they contain fiber. These delicious pancakes are made from cottage cheese, banana and rolled oats. It makes a perfect post workout breakfast.
This recipe is perfect for kids as well as adults. Also many people suffer from protein deficiency. All they need is to incorporate protein in their diet. One of the best ways to do this is to make these pancakes. It serves nearly 20g of protein, also it’s gluten free.
Here’s a quick recipe to make delicious protein pancakes.
TOTAL TIME- 15 MINS
- ¼ cup cottage cheese(low fat)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 medium banana
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
Toppings (optional): You can add chocolate chips, maple syrup, peanut butter or fresh fruits like blueberries.
- Preheat a griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until you get a smooth mixture.
- Grease a griddle or skillet and set the heat to low.
- Take ¼ cup of mixture and pour onto it.
- Cook about 2-3 minutes on medium/low heat, or until little bubbles start forming at the surface and the bottom is golden brown.
- Flip each pancake, and cook about 2-3 minutes on the other side, or until the inside is fully cooked
- Serve immediately with fresh berries or other toppings.
Note: You have to use low fat cottage cheese so that fat intake does not increase.
Can I add protein powder?
Cottage cheese and egg provide you the protein in these pancakes. However if you want to add protein powder you can absolutely do that.
Are these pancakes healthy?
Definitely! They are rich in protein, potassium and fiber.
Serving size – 2 pancakes | Calorie – 324 kcal
Protein -19 g | Fat – 7 g | Saturated fat-1.3 g
Carbohydrates- 42 g | Fiber- 5 g | Sugar- 10 g
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!