Ginger Chicken Noodle Soup is one of the kid’s favorite soup recipes to serve in the wintertime because it’s super easy to make and fills the house with a wonderful aroma!
Chicken noodle soup never gets old. If you don’t have udon for this recipe, use rice noodles or regular old spaghetti.
Here is the quick recipe for Ginger Chicken Noodle Soup:
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 30 mins | Easy Serves 2
- 900ml chicken or vegetable stock (or Miso soup mix)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (about175g)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- take 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 50g rice or wheat noodles
- 2 tbsp sweetcorn, canned or frozen
- 2-3 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- take 2 spring onions, shredded
- 2 tsp soy sauce, plus extra for serving mint or basil leaves and a little shredded chili (optional), to serve
- Pour the stock into a pan and add the chicken breast, ginger, and garlic.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, partly cover, and simmer for 20 mins, until the chicken is tender.
- Put the chicken on a board and shred it into bite-size pieces using a couple of forks.
- Return the chicken to the stock with the noodles,
sweetcorn, mushrooms, spring onion, and soy sauce. Simmer for
- 3-4 mins until the noodles are tender.
- Ladle into two bowls and scatter over the remaining spring onion, mint or basil leaves, and chili, if using.
- Serve with extra soy sauce.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!