With so many awesome veggies out there, Moo Shu Mushroom Wraps are very tasty. Extra protein, too—chicken, shrimp, pork, beef, and tofu all work. Check for sriracha and hoisin sauces in the Asian or international foods section of your grocery store.
Here is the quick recipe for Moo Shu Mushroom Wraps:
- 4 teaspoons sesame or canola oil, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- take 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 6 green onions, sliced
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat.
- Pour in eggs; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from pan.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender.
- Add coleslaw mix, garlic, and ginger; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until slaw is crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar, soy sauce, and chili sauce; add to the pan. Stir in sprouts and eggs; heat through.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons of hoisin sauce over each tortilla to within 1/4 in. of edges.
- Layer with 1/2 cup vegetable mixture and about 1 tablespoon green onion.
- Roll up tightly.
2 filled wraps: 381 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 1234mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!