Portobello Breakfast Bakes are lovely for brunch and substantial enough for a filling lunch or a meatless dinner. These simple Portobello Breakfast Bakes are perfect for a weekend breakfast, or even as a light dinner during the week.
Here is the recipe for Portobello Breakfast Bakes:
Servings: 2 servings : Calories: 258.6kcal
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- take 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the broiler, setting the temperature to high. Set an oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Line a rimmed broiler-safe baking sheet with foil.
- Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel.
- Gently twist off or the stem of each mushroom. Holding each mushroom in one hand, use a spoon to gently scrape out the gills.
- Spray the mushroom caps with olive oil cooking spray on both sides.
- Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, ⅛ teaspoon pepper, and ¼ teaspoon garlic powder.
- Boil 5 minutes on each side, or until just tender.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven. Drain any liquids.
- Switch oven from broil to bake, setting the temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Break an egg into each mushroom. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake 15 minutes, until the egg whites are cooked.
- Sprinkle the eggs with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
The FDA recommends cooking eggs thoroughly.
Serving: 2mushrooms | Calories: 258.6kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 19.7g | Fat: 16g | Sodium: 527mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g