Who doesn’t love a good omelet! Although this recipe is delightful on its own, you can always make it suit your taste by adding any veggies you like, switch out the cheese or even add a little shredded chicken.
We like the versatility of this recipe because it can be made with whatever veggies and cheeses you have.
Here is the quick recipe for Veggie Omelet with Goat Cheese:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small yam ~1/2 cup sliced into thin wedges, then coarsely chopped
- take 1/4 cup sliced cremini or any type of mushrooms
- 4 large eggs 2 yolk and 4 whites, separate 2 of the 4 yolks and discard (or feed to the dog)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp crumbled goat cheese feta or cheddar work great too
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pan: Heat pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
Add oil, heat then adds yams Sauté 10 min. Stirring occasionally.
Stir in mushrooms and sauté for 8 min. or until yams are tender, stirring occasionally.
Remove from pan and set aside.
Pan: Wipe pan clean with paper towels. Spray with cooking oil if needed and heat to medium-high heat.
Bowl: Combine eggs, a couple of shakes of salt and pepper in a bowl, and whisk until eggs are frothy.
Pour mixture into the pan, and stir briskly with a heatproof spatula or wooden spoon until egg starts to thicken (~ 20 sec.).
Arrange half of the yam mixture, 1 cup spinach, and 2 tbsp cheese over the omelet.
Run the spatula around the edges and under the omelet to loosen it from the pan.
Fold omelet in half and continue heating until all egg is cooked.
Slide omelet onto a plate.
Cut in half crosswise and enjoy Veggie Omelet with Goat Cheese.
Servings: 1 Serving Size: 1 omelet
Total Calories 344, Carbohydrate 31g, Total Fat 14g, Protein 29g, and Fiber 4 g
- While cooking the omelet carefully loosen set edges of the omelet with a spatula, tipping the pan to pour uncooked egg to the sides.
- Continue this procedure for about 10 to 15 seconds or until almost no runny egg remains.
- To boost up an already very high protein breakfast you can add more egg whites.
- To increase carbohydrates you can add any of the following; whole wheat or spelled bread or bagel, fruit such as banana orange, 100% fruit juice.
- Has 27 mg of iron.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!