BLUEBERRY LEMON CRUMB MUFFINS
Lemon blueberry muffins are simply made with fresh or frozen blueberries and lemon zest added in. Lemon zest is the very outer yellow part of the lemon skin – it is what lemon extract is made from, which gives it a bright, fresh flavour.
Blueberry lemon crumb muffins have a soft, tender bite, with a crunchy streusel crumb topping and tons of blueberries inside that tastes incredible.
Quick Recipe :
- 1 Large Egg
- Half cup Sugar
- 1/4th Cup plain yoghurt
- 1/2 cup Canola or Sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1tbsp Lemon Zest
- One and half cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4th teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375° (190°C) and line 8 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a bowl, mix sugar, egg, yogurt, oil, milk, vanilla and lemon zest.
- In another bowl, blend together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries. A few lumps are ok.
- Spoon batter into the muffin cups until almost full.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes on an upper-middle rack in your oven, until a knife inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing. Enjoy these muffins warm with a well-deserved cup of tea! You can store these muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or freeze them for up to two months.
Blueberry lemon muffins are really good served warm with a little butter, but are equally good completely cooled.
- Lemon Juice. You can use fresh lemon juice or from a bottle. If you use bottle lemon juice, you can omit the lemon zest.
- Whole Milk. In place of whole milk you can use buttermilk or plain yogurt.
- Fresh blueberries. You can use frozen blueberries instead of fresh. Do not thaw them before adding them to the muffin batter!
- Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content.