Thyroid has a connection with glucose metabolism. People with hyperthyroid or hypothyroid must keep a track on their sugar level as thyroid disorder alters the carbohydrate metabolism and have a profound effect on glucose control. Therefore, we have come up with three dessert recipes for thyroid; Coconut Chocolate Bar, Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie and Whole Grain Mini Berry Crisps.
You can also check mouth watering fudgy brownies. https://www.livofy.com/health/?p=32944&preview=true
Will sweeteners like stevia or erythritol increase the sugar level?
Well the answer is no. These sweeteners don’t get digested by your body. If you ingest it, it won’t spike your blood sugar & it won’t release insulin.
Coconut Chocolate Bar
PREP TIME- 1 hour 40 mins | TOTAL TIME- 1 hour 40 mins | Serving- 5
- 60g shredded coconut
- 60ml coconut cream
- 3 tablespoon erythritol
- 60g dark chocolate
- In a bowl take shredded coconut , coconut cream and erythritol. Mix everything properly until you get a thick and crumbly consistency. The consistency should be as such that it forms a shape without falling apart
- Take a rectangular mold and fill it with the mixture. Don’t fill it completely. Leave some space for the chocolate. Freeze the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Till that time, melt the chocolate using a double boiler or microwave it for a few seconds.
- Then pour some melted chocolate on the coconut mixture and again freeze it for 30 minutes.
- Remove coconut mixture with chocolate bottom in a tray. Pour remaining chocolate over the coconut bars so that it gets covered from all sides with chocolate.
- Again freeze it for 30 minutes and serve it with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
Amount Per Serving-
Calories 187 kcal | Total Fat 18g | Total Carbohydrate 5.2g | Dietary Fiber 2.2g | Protein 2g
Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
PREP TIME- 2 minutes | ADDITIONAL TIME- 2 minutes | TOTAL TIME- 4 minutes
Serving – 2 cups
- 56g cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 medium strawberries
- 2 tablespoon sweetener
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup ice
- Take all the ingredients in a blender and blend it until you get a smooth creamy texture.
- Serve immediately with fruits or some more whipping cream
Tip- You can make a protein rich smoothie by adding collagen or protein powder.
Amount Per Serving-
Calories 321 kcal | Total Fat 32g | Total Carbohydrate 5g | Protein 5g
Whole Grain Mini Berry Crisps
Total Time: 35 min | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Servings: 4
- 2 cups berries (mixture of strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and/or raspberries)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Oil spray
- Heat the oven at 350F.
- Take a baking vessel and grease it with oil
- In a bowl add oats, flour, sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter. Mix everything properly.
- Then chop strawberries(or whichever berries you choose) and sprinkle it over the mixture.
- Transfer this mixture into a baking vessel and bake it for 20 minutes or until you see the golden texture on the top.
- Before serving, let it cool for 5 minutes.
Tip- You can serve with a scoop of Greek yogurt, chocolate chips or ice cream.
Calories 187 kcal | Total Carbohydrate 26g | Protein 3g |Total Fat 9g
Note-Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used and preparation method.
Get started your with Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!