Sometimes you just want bread, or flatbread, or pita bread! Don’t let keto stop you! Enjoy this fluffy and satisfying Low Carb Pita Bread and stuff to your heart’s desire!
Let us just say that pita bread is hard to take photos of! Can we agree on that?? But who cares, right? It doesn’t need to be photogenic, it just needs to taste good and we assure you it does!
We tried making keto tortillas and it did not turn out the way we wanted. We wanted something a bit fluffier, but still dense and more like flatbread and/or pita bread.
One of the problems with many keto bread is that they are often eggy. We are happy to report that none of our keto bread, including this pita bread, is eggy AT ALL!
Can I Eat Pita Bread on the Keto Diet?
You can eat THIS keto pita bread on the keto diet! Absolutely! Regular pita bread? Nope! With only 1.8g net carbs, this is perfectly keto-friendly.
What Can I Eat Instead of Bread?
OH, we have so many options for you! Regular wheat and sugar-filled bread are out of the questions. How about trying some of these: Well, THIS pita bread recipe of course!
How Long Does Pita Bread Last?
It will safely last for a few days stored properly.
We have had ours for about 4-5 days and they still taste great.
What Can I Eat With The Keto Pita Bread?
Um, ANYTHING! We like to stuff it with stuff! When we meal prep with shredded chicken, we will often also make this low carb pita bread for the week.
Ingredients Required For Low Carb Pita Bread
- 1 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk powder
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
Instructions For Making Low Carb Pita Bread
- Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk, flax, sea salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Meanwhile, boil the water.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs whites and egg.
- Add the eggs to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix with a hand whisk for about 20-30 seconds.
- Add the hot water and whisk for another 30 seconds until well combined
- Heat oil of your choice (just enough to cover the pan) in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Take a glob (about 1/4 cup worth) and plop it down in the pan.
- Using a wet spatula, press down and smooth out dough blob into a thin (ish) circle (ish)!
- Cooking time varies, just lift up the edge and if it golden brown, flip with a wet spatula.
- The second side cooks much faster. Usually by 30 seconds.
- Eat warm or cold!
TOTAL FAT: 6g
NET CARBOHYDRATES: 1.8g
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!